Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Engine was Factory Blueprinted. '05. Platinum, with no roof. 14,700 mi. Platinum Interior. Trans has been replaced. Clutch and Flywheel under the TSB. And of course the first '06 Diff retrofit.

My kit is on without the pinion support for now, but I could install if needed.

Front fascia has a couple of scrapes, but barely noticable. The new tires only have around 3K mi. and are showing no sign of wear.

I know you can find cheaper, but there are some unique features on the car, and it just breaks my heart, but life is what it is.:crying2:

Our payoff is around 46K and some change, we have the gap ins. and a tire warranty, so it may be a little less, not sure how that works.

·
Registered
Black the Darkside
22,415 Posts
PneuBird said:
See you Saturday in German Village. Doug!!! :yup:
I don't think Doug plans to attend our Ohio Meet although I hope he has a change of mind. I too wish Doug well.:thumbsup: For memories, I have a piece of Doug with his OEM exhaust system.:)

Bob

·
Registered
139 Posts
Doug, Very SORRY to hear that you must sell your "V" -- wish you well with whatever your situation might be.
Take care,
Ginnie (feline)

·
Registered
'05 LS6 V Stealth Grey; '14 Z71 SLT Sierra 1500 Stealth Grey
2,821 Posts
Your My Boy Blue!!! All you are is dust in the wind.... Would like to know why if not too personal. Good luck.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Doug,
A lot of us here including myself are sad to see you go. Could you do me a favor. I bought the stage II kit and haven't put it on yet (waiting to get the GM bushings on first). Could you send me a parts list for the hardware. The box with the kit opened up a little during shipping and I want to make sure that I didn't lose anything. You can send it to my email [email protected]. Thanks a bunch.

·
Registered
2005 CTS-V SOLD /// 2009 CTS-V own
1,036 Posts
Doug,

I am also sorry to read that you need to get rid of the V. I hope for what ever reason you need to sell it that everything turns out good for you in the end..
Good luck with everything..

Bill

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well, for those who are interested.

My wife was sued 3 years ago over a patent issue, the suit was brought with malicious intent, but we were forced to defend ourselves.

We eventually settled based on a cost to win scenario, that it was cheaper to settle than continue on and most likely win, but at what cost?

This used up close to 40K of our cash flow over a 2 year period. needless to say other things were not taken care of during this time period.

But, at the time business was still smoking, so figuring we would be playing a little catch-up, we still thought all would be fine. After we settled, in a period of about 6 mos., biz began to diminish, but not to any level of concern, just a cutting back of discresionary spending.

We began an outgo reduction, and this led to buying the V, as we reduced our car payments by over 300 per month. Not to mention the benefits of V ownership.

Well, my side of our business picked up and it appeared Karin's part was holding steady. Then when I developed the kit, I thought there would be a large influx of cash, but this did not occur. Then Karin's orders began rapidly dropping off, thus the position we are now in.

I am looking into becoming a Real Estate Agent, I have a position waiting for me if this is the path I choose. I love selling, and think it would be a rewarding career, both emotionaly and financially. I have talents and abilitities that I've been given, in fabricating and automobiles. I just haven't found a way to make it financially lucrative. So as with any career change, there will certainly be a time of transistion, so it looks like we must make some hard choices.

·
Registered
895 Posts
Best wishes to you, Karen and the family Doug. This just proves that our judical system needs a lot of work. Someone shouldn't have to expect to give up things they own when they are defending that they (and also are) right.

·
Registered
'05 CTS-VM 51 track days in Maggied V & 82 in Atom 2 in Volt
1,690 Posts
Doug,
Best of luck man, hey even Real Estate Agents need cool cars to drive people around and it's a business expense. :highfive:

·
Registered
591 Posts
Don't worry Doug.....better days are coming...and I'll show you how to write-off at 80% business use of the "V". :canttalk:

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Dave's V said:
Best wishes to you, Karen and the family Doug. This just proves that our judical system needs a lot of work. Someone shouldn't have to expect to give up things they own when they are defending that they (and also are) right.
Dave,

This was my biggest complaint of the process.

But with no "loser pays" law, the person in any civil case with the deeper pockets, generally wins, or comes out on top. I believe that one change in the law would go a very long way to equalize the hand of justice.

We were being sued for over 700K, we had to fight it!

But just to be clear, the suit was the cause of some extra burdens to be sure, but a major slowdown in biz is the issue now.

PnueBird,

Maybe you could e-mail me if you get a moment?

[email protected]

Thanx

1 - 20 of 25 Posts