Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,

I have been following the STS-V's since they came out and I have finally decided this is the right time to move forward and get one. I am currently looking at an 08 V with 126,000. Any opinions on this with that amount of miles. Anything I should be looking/asking when inspecting? It is stock from what I was told.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They are asking around 17k but I have been talking them down and they are willing to bend a bit. I really like it because it is a rare color combo. Thunder grey with Tango interior. Only thing I don't like is that the people previous owner shaved all the badges for a clean look I guess so if I do get it I am getting those put back on. I feel a V should be advertised as such. No accidents reported, very clean look. Said the miles were mostly highway, everyone says that. I live in metro Atlanta so it seems normal to me. My 08 Acadia has 114k, 09 Impala 130k. I have an 05 Camry with 230k (that's nothing for a Toyota). But I know every car had it problems at certain miles. BTW Traverse/Acadia eNclave STAY AWAY. between the leaking sunroof, falling transmission(s) yes with an "s", and all the other hidden tsb's that should be recalls gm really disappointed me. Sorry for getting off subject but after leaving the dealer p paying for a heater core, brake boost, master cylinder and cleaning the sunroof drain pipes again in my Acadia I had to vent.

·
Registered
2017xts vsport platinum, 2011EXT, gt500
1,019 Posts
Do a search here for a listing of things to look for.I too live in atl and have an 08.at a minimum I'd bring it to Hennessey Cadillac in Duluth and have then do an inspection
I've found Hennessey very fair and good.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
:canttalk: :worship: That looks awesome. I like your customization. I want this one even more now! Sucks that alot of the stuff is discontinued. I really want those fenders and the clear rear lights for it.

·
Registered
2007 sts-v, 2011 Escalade EXT
382 Posts
These cars are built very well. At those miles though, buy it to keep it. At 17k, if you don't buy it, I will. Just for a back up. There is no car currently available that I would trade mine for......

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I had already planned an inspection with Capital Cadillac on Cobb pkwy, should I lean more towards Hennessey? I live in Cobb so that's the only reason I chose Capital. So are you the one I have seen on occasions running around town in the Black Raven V?

----------

Ninja-v I am planning on keeping it when I get it for sure. For the amount of time I have been looking I can't recall but one other time I ran across this color combo. I can't let it slip past me. I'm just trying to see how much the seller is willing to bend on price before I pull the trigger.

·
Registered
06' STS V
491 Posts
Yes, we are all jealous.....
Even of the rediculously low miles..;)

----------

These cars are built very well. At those miles though, buy it to keep it. At 17k, if you don't buy it, I will. Just for a back up. There is no car currently available that I would trade mine for......
1madstsv would gladly put you in his,but it's gonna cost you a wee bit more..;)

·
Registered
2017xts vsport platinum, 2011EXT, gt500
1,019 Posts
No that's you know. Hes got a rare 09=he posts here often.
I tried capital. Didn't like the wat I was treated. For just an inspection probably may not matter.unless they don't have a tech trained on sts v.Hennessey does. Good luck.

·
Registered
2007 Cadillac STS-V Black On Black
1,428 Posts
If I could get an 09 with black exterior and tango interior I'd get it in a heartbeat!

·
Registered
2007 STS V
97 Posts
God I hope I can sell my car for something close to that after I put another 50k miles on it. 17 is just too much for that. I would be at 14 and crossing my fingers the whole time that it would last me to 200,000

·
Registered
06' STS V
491 Posts
God I hope I can sell my car for something close to that after I put another 50k miles on it. 17 is just too much for that. I would be at 14 and crossing my fingers the whole time that it would last me to 200,000
Yeah....thats alot of miles for an 08..
My 06 has 112k and I think that's alot...

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Do you guys really think it's not a good deal? I am down to 15,600 on the price and I think I reached his cutoff. I am not really worried about the miles because it will not be a daily driver and I am hardcore on maintenance. My main concern was things I should look for that could help me haggle a bit. I'm convinced this is my car and I realize it's a rare combo. I was actually hesitant to inquire about it on here for the fear someone would step on my toes and buy it at asking price. (Don't get any ideas lol)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Why would have concern about it lasting to 200k? These days with proper maintenance 200k is half a cars life. I have had and currently still daily drive with well over 200k original motor and transmission. I also have a folder of years of documented dealers maintenance to justify why I don't just let anyone work on my cars. I change fluids and parts at intervals not when they "look" ready to be changed. It might cost a little more over the years but the payoff is the assurance I get from point A to B.

·
Registered
08 STS-V,10 escalade,80 sedan deville diesel 13 cts vagon
1,611 Posts
It's just a lot of miles for a rare type of car. Most of the Stsv were not daily driven. Most 06-07 are just now getting to 120k. If that but there are definitely some with higher. With these cars it's not the drive train too wory abought. It's all the electronics lots more going on with a 80k luxury sports sedan. Than your Honda. But for 15k it's a good buy if it's a clean car. And it's the rarest of the rare. In that combo. Good luck.

----------

So not funny :(
Don't wory I have too many toys now. I don't need two of the same. My new money pit / race car. Looking for 850 Rwhp out of this one. So no more Stsv in my future lol.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I appreciate that feedback and the fact that a rare sts-v such as yours is not your immediate interest lol. I can deal with the potential of failing electronics, imo that's typical of a GM product anyways. We as owners just gotta deal with it and accept that it's a lesser quality car than the German and Japanese rivals (I'm not throwing shade either just speaking from experience) it's fair to say that we all should have a Toyota Honda Mercedes as a reliable backup lol. My famous quote to my 10 year loyal Gm service advisor when I drop one off for repairs is "welp back in the Toyota I go until you figure this one out"

1 - 20 of 39 Posts