Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2007 Escalade Base Black
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have seen several ways...please help out to the best/easiest option.

1-torsion keys w/ strut extension up front 1.5 inch?

2-strut spacer for the front end?

any advice???

·
Registered
2007 Escalade Base Black
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the stock torsion bolts had enough length to be raised 1.5 inches or did you put longer bolts in? thanks!

·
Registered
2005 Cadillac Escalade (sold)
92 Posts
the stock torsion bolts had enough length to be raised 1.5 inches or did you put longer bolts in? thanks!
yes, it had enough length... i believe it was about 2 1/4 turns to get it level... it might be better to buy different torsion keys so that you dont have to mess with the torsion bolts and only just replace the keys to raise/level it (might get better ride quality). MAKE SURE U GET AN ALIGNMENT AFTER DOING ANY OF THESE OPTIONS.

·
Registered
2007 Escalade Base Black
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well...I brought to Goodyear to have them turn the torsion bolts...and they were only able to raise the front 1/2 inch. they said the bolts weren't long enough to raise further.

·
Registered
2005 Cadillac Escalade (sold)
92 Posts
well...I brought to Goodyear to have them turn the torsion bolts...and they were only able to raise the front 1/2 inch. they said the bolts weren't long enough to raise further.
really? maybe the torsion bolt sizes are different from year to year... i know of a lot of people on here who had enough length on their bolts to make it level... did u make sure you jacked it in the air when adjusting them? sorry for the inconvenience.. looks like torsion keys might be the solution for you...

·
Registered
2007 Escalade Base Black
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i wasn't there when they did it. and the guy told me that leveling them messes with the riding geometry of the truck?

·
Registered
2004 Escalade, 07 Road King, 08 Challenger SRT8
712 Posts
I think you can get more height by substituting a Ford F250 Torsion Key in there. Or kits are available that basically give you a new key and new bolt, so that more adjustment can be made.

Some people on here did it, a few years ago.

I was able to get mine very close to level with the stock setup. Mainly, I wanted the Driver's side raised up to make the truck level side to side... I was tired of the "lean" to the left the truck seemed to have.

That was very do-able with the stock bolts and keys.

The way my truck rides and drives should not change... And I don't see why it would or should, really. But I'm no genius on suspension questions.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts