Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats up Guys iam looking into leasing a Cadillac CTS with in a year or so. Can anybody give me some pointers to this iam looking for the cheapest payment possible and I am able to re lease a vehicle when the lease comes to end Iam I able to release a vehicle or no.

·
Registered
41,011 Posts
Not to bust your bubble, but if you're really 16 I doubt that you will be successful in your quest for a lease.

·
Registered
> BMUU
14,388 Posts
get some real good money together now -- use that as a down payment

go to the dealership with someone u KNOW can argue & get the dealer to work with you.

with a decent down payment (3k) you can get your payments to the low 400s.
i think every 1000 dollars down is equal to -30 dollars a month on your lease

at 18, your probably gonna have to pay something like 400 a month (3.5 down) ... and be able to pay for the gas & insuranec + all the mods you wanna (trust me, u'll want to) do ... plus keep into account u'll need to spend money on food and entertainment -- you need a pretty good job for a lease on a new CTS.

my suggestion, again, work on a beefy down payment

·
Registered
Cadillac
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
a dealer near me has a deal 2,999 down 249.00 for 24 months i believe is that a legit deal and its for a Bose Edition. iam hoping they have a similar deal like that in the future

·
Registered
2008 CTS AWD FE2 DI 304hp
746 Posts
All kidding aside at 17 I would not recommend leasing a vehicle.

For a first car find something that when it gets dented and it will.. you won't be too upset..

I would suggest a nice older car, maybe even a CTS...(the first year they came out...) throw on a nice set of rims and enjoy.

Cadillacs are great cars to buy preowned. Traditionally there is an older more mature owner that sells lower mileage examples and they do depreciate quite a bit so the cost should be lower.

Starting off leasing is not a wise move. Unless your folks are buying it for you...

JMO and good luck..

JB

·
Registered
Cadillac
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanks man but i already have a car a 2003 Nissan Maxima GLE i love the car but i want something else. i get my license next week cant wait. the only reason iam asking of leasing the vehicle is because your dont have to put much money down and your payments are cheap. rather then buying the vehicle and paying 2x the amount if you were to purchase the vehicle. leasing is for a person who cant afford payments and that would be me and i dont drive much my school is like 5 miles from my house so it aint that bad and i probably wouldnt drive the car to school anyway.

·
Registered
> BMUU
14,388 Posts
are your parents helping out or are u gonna b paying the whole thing?

·
Registered
Cadillac
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Job Pending but mostly likely ill be paying for the whole thing. but i will be graduating from high school next year so i may get it as a graduation gift.

·
Registered
> BMUU
14,388 Posts
in order to make this happen, you'll most likely have to get the parents in the picture.

·
Registered
> BMUU
14,388 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
get some real good money together now -- use that as a down payment

go to the dealership with someone u KNOW can argue & get the dealer to work with you.

with a decent down payment (3k) you can get your payments to the low 400s.
i think every 1000 dollars down is equal to -30 dollars a month on your lease

at 18, your probably gonna have to pay something like 400 a month (3.5 down) ... and be able to pay for the gas & insuranec + all the mods you wanna (trust me, u'll want to) do ... plus keep into account u'll need to spend money on food and entertainment -- you need a pretty good job for a lease on a new CTS.

my suggestion, again, work on a beefy down payment
With $3K down he could get it under $400 a month, unless he is looking for a loaded CTS. Insurance is another story, good luck with that. At his age he should drive something that doesn't require full coverage. Just my honest opinion.:)

·
Registered
> BMUU
14,388 Posts
should and could are 2 different things.

on paper, im not the primary driver of the vehicle.. my parents are... but in reality i'm the only one that drives it

-------------

and u want the 08 cts? not the current style? right?
if u lease a 03-07 CTS, your out of pocket will b significantly less (plus, i like our contemporary style better ;) )

·
Registered
Cadillac
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
i want the 03-07 Version iam not big of a fan of the newer styled ones for 2008-2009 but the new cts-v thats coming looks pretty sweet. maybe after the lease is up on the cts job pending and financialy i go and lease a Escalade. but well see about this one first i understand that they may be coming out with a Escalade V series.

·
Registered
> BMUU
14,388 Posts
lol i've been waiting for the escalade extv --- but even if they come out with it, itd be priced around like 80k ... which is about double the $ of the CTS...

u can probably get a good lease deal on an 06 or something...
maybe 2.5k down & monthly payments in the 200s on a 30 month lease ?

·
Registered
275 Posts
should and could are 2 different things.

on paper, im not the primary driver of the vehicle.. my parents are... but in reality i'm the only one that drives it

-------------

and u want the 08 cts? not the current style? right?
if u lease a 03-07 CTS, your out of pocket will b significantly less (plus, i like our contemporary style better ;) )
As long as you don't end up in an accident you might get away with it, if the car is involved in an accident while you are driving it look for your insurance monthly payments to be bigger than the lease payments.

·
Registered
CTS
1,756 Posts
Hate to throw a wet towel into the mix, but have you thought about backing off from tying yourself to a pretty sizeable monthly commitment until you've completed college & are financially set up to buy what you want, with money to purchase other necessities and desires?

Dollars invested or not invested in education now will play a big part in determining what you'll drive in the future...as well as what other toys & investments you'll be able to purchase.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts