Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1992 Cadillac Sedan DeVille, 2005 Escalade Ext
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im thinking about getting a sts v. in the future i would like to gradually put mods on it but ive been seeing these videos on youtube of sts v constantly getting spanked by all these diffrent cars and knowing this car is discontinued in the V series while the CTS V is out there whippin A**. i seen one video claiming to be the fastest sts v and only clocking 12 sec at the track when im seeing ESCALADES clock 12 and better at the track with mods i havent seen one sts v moving like a monster just these videos with the annoying blow dryer whining. i really like the sts v it looks so sexy plus i like the shape and size but the cts v just have a wide range of great videos like jay lenos 700hp cts v sounds mean.

·
Registered
2009 STS-V, 2006 STS
21 Posts
If you're looking to be the fastest out there then get a CTS-V. If you like the size and style of the STS and willing to balance that then get a STS-V. CTS's tend to be more expensive so, take the money you would save on a STS-V and do mods. It all comes down to how much money you want to spend. I got the STS-V and am very pleased with the power. I've added cold air intake and eliminated the resonators. Next will be tune and pulley. But it's never going to beat a hellcat.

·
Registered
06 sts-v
261 Posts
I can say while a v2 ctsv would be the way to go if ur really wanting to haul ass I love my stsv as far as ride and comfort. Rode in ctsv's and no where near quality level that the stsv is. Love turning heads and people wondering what the hell car is that plus the "I didn't know they made an stsv" lol. I can say with tune lower pulley injectors throttle body and intake I'm around 450ish on the ground and it's a blast to drive!! Got to look at the end of the day still a 4000 plus car that will take you anywhere in comfort and style plus hauling some ass while doing it lol.

·
Registered
06 STS-V & 06 STS 4 (sold 2016)
2,716 Posts
When I drive the V and look around I usually have the fastest car in sight. Sometimes, of course, there's one I know is faster and I just think respectful thoughts towards them.

I'm not going to race them on the street anyway.

Like others have said, hard to beat for a quality ride, and it's pretty dang fast.

But there are faster. Most of those are kind of too fast for normal driving anyway. So if you want to hit the track a lot, go for something else.

·
Registered
stsv
491 Posts
Keep in mind that these cars run 12s with basic bolt ons. For 25 k where r u going to find that coupled with everything else this car brings to the table.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I love the feed back. I really like the sts v. Here in houston i can get this $22,950 V financed its real sexy black on black with red and black interior. But it has 95k miles seller say its well kept how are these newer caddys on high mileage my first 2 cars are 1992 devilles so im used to the old schools but i heared these new caddys are made cheaper.

----------

These are truly the best bang for the buck!
have you did any performance mods to your escalade. Thats my second choice but a EXT

·
Registered
08 STS-V,10 escalade,80 sedan deville diesel 13 cts vagon
1,611 Posts
im thinking about getting a sts v. in the future i would like to gradually put mods on it but ive been seeing these videos on youtube of sts v constantly getting spanked by all these diffrent cars and knowing this car is discontinued in the V series while the CTS V is out there whippin A**. i seen one video claiming to be the fastest sts v and only clocking 12 sec at the track when im seeing ESCALADES clock 12 and better at the track with mods i havent seen one sts v moving like a monster just these videos with the annoying blow dryer whining. i really like the sts v it looks so sexy plus i like the shape and size but the cts v just have a wide range of great videos like jay lenos 700hp cts v sounds mean.[/
QUOTE]

So the 12.14 1/4 Stsv is my old car 470rw/and 470ish rwtq I think not looking at the dyno. Had $3,500 in mods in that car. To start then started having issues with the mods and it doubled pretty quickly. I still have a moded 12.49 1/4 Stsv love to just drive that car. Great for covering lots of miles fast. Very capable in the twistes as well.
The car is no sports car it's fun to drive fast but not like a sports car. It is 4500 +lbs after all. But it's a great over all car for the money.

Now I do have a new toy it's a 2013 Ctsv wagon 670rw/676tq and manual. It's a 5door Corvette. It harsher ride. Less room for people. But it's so fast and corners so well. It's a great car but not as nice to travel in as the Stsv. I did have a c5 corvette but just sold it last week. Now that I have the Ctsv that faster than my 500hp c5 I nev drove it lol. So now I'm using that money to supercharge my escalade that should make it fun to drive Don't know about 12s but high 13s for sure. Looking to make 500 awhp. Any of the cars mentionable should work for your needs it's on what your budget allows.. Hol

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
im thinking about getting a sts v. in the future i would like to gradually put mods on it but ive been seeing these videos on youtube of sts v constantly getting spanked by all these diffrent cars and knowing this car is discontinued in the V series while the CTS V is out there whippin A**. i seen one video claiming to be the fastest sts v and only clocking 12 sec at the track when im seeing ESCALADES clock 12 and better at the track with mods i havent seen one sts v moving like a monster just these videos with the annoying blow dryer whining. i really like the sts v it looks so sexy plus i like the shape and size but the cts v just have a wide range of great videos like jay lenos 700hp cts v sounds mean.[/
QUOTE]

So the 12.14 1/4 Stsv is my old car 470rw/and 470ish rwtq I think not looking at the dyno. Had $3,500 in mods in that car. To start then started having issues with the mods and it doubled pretty quickly. I still have a moded 12.49 1/4 Stsv love to just drive that car. Great for covering lots of miles fast. Very capable in the twistes as well.
The car is no sports car it's fun to drive fast but not like a sports car. It is 4500 +lbs after all. But it's a great over all car for the money.

Now I do have a new toy it's a 2013 Ctsv wagon 670rw/676tq and manual. It's a 5door Corvette. It harsher ride. Less room for people. But it's so fast and corners so well. It's a great car but not as nice to travel in as the Stsv. I did have a c5 corvette but just sold it last week. Now that I have the Ctsv that faster than my 500hp c5 I nev drove it lol. So now I'm using that money to supercharge my escalade that should make it fun to drive Don't know about 12s but high 13s for sure. Looking to make 500 awhp. Any of the cars mentionable should work for your needs it's on what your budget allows.. Hol
you are one lucky son of a gun. You got all the cars i want. Man it must be nice.

·
Registered
2007 Cadillac STS-V Black On Black
1,428 Posts
have you did any performance mods to your escalade. Thats my second choice but a EXT
No, and I don't really plan to do any mods to it. They do make supercharger kits for these trucks but you can only go so fast in an Escalade and I don't think it'd be a good idea to even try cornering it lol

If you want a nice, luxury, fast car, get the STS-V!

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
No, and I don't really plan to do any mods to it. They do make supercharger kits for these trucks but you can only go so fast in an Escalade and I don't think it'd be a good idea to even try cornering it lol

If you want a nice, luxury, fast car, get the STS-V!
i think im going to do just that

·
Registered
06' STS V
491 Posts
What's that supposed to mean? He didn't just find the keys to those cars on the sidewalk.
Don't think he means anything negative towards 1Mad...just said what most of us are thinking,it would be nice to be able to have the stable of vehicles he has....

·
Registered
2017xts vsport platinum, 2011EXT, gt500
1,019 Posts
Agree with Tim. It's all about hard work.as one gets older like me and family money demands get lower and if one has saved properly then one could spend money on any things,or give it away. I have a small gathering as well including a killer gt500, but luck had nothing to do with it really.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts