• Total voters
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2014 CTS-V 6.2
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello everyone,

I am looking to trade my personal Jeep Wranger in for a Cadillac. Ive narrowed my choices down to a CTS-V Coupe and ATS Sedan. I currently have a GMC Yukon SLT as my company car/daily driver. I always like to keep a personal vehicle just in case.

These are the three vehicles, I am looking at:

2015 ATS Luxury AWD - Turbo - 0 miles
http://www.scrantonmotors.com/VehicleDetails/new-2015-Cadillac-ATS_Sedan-2.0L_I4_AWD_Luxury-Vernon-CT/2346678443

2011 CTS-V Coupe with 22k miles
http://www.scrantonmotors.com/VehicleDetails/used-2011-Cadillac-CTS_V_Coupe-CTS_V_Coupe-Vernon-CT/2491553063
Getting new rear end under warranty

2014 ATS Luxury AWD - Turbo - 0 miles
http://www.scrantonmotors.com/VehicleDetails/new-2014-Cadillac-ATS-2.0L_I4_AWD_Luxury-Vernon-CT/2226632283

Something else?

Your thoughts?

Thanks,

shane

·
Registered
2012 Black Diamond CTS-V Coupe
3,351 Posts
Apples and oranges. The V is a completely different animal over the ATS. The only advantage the ATS is updated infotainment/electronics. Some people may say that CUE is nothing special, but the older system in the V can be maddening at times. Especially when using Bluetooth. Just too slow.

Having said that, after that the V is a complete beast. An instant and flat torque curve.

Don't plan on driving the V in the snow unless you get dedicated snow tires. I store mine during the winter months. You said you have a Tahoe so it may not be an issue for you either.

The ATS is a nice car, but it's not in the same league as the V.

·
Registered
2014 CTS-V 6.2
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The V will cost me $40,500 and will need tires soon. Price okay?

shane

Apples and oranges. The V is a completely different animal over the ATS. The only advantage the ATS is updated infotainment/electronics. Some people may say that CUE is nothing special, but the older system in the V can be maddening at times. Especially when using Bluetooth. Just too slow.

Having said that, after that the V is a complete beast. An instant and flat torque curve.

Don't plan on driving the V in the snow unless you get dedicated snow tires. I store mine during the winter months. You said you have a Tahoe so it may not be an issue for you either.

The ATS is a nice car, but it's not in the same league as the V.

·
Registered
3,351 Posts
The link doesn't work so I can't see specifics.

Price sounds decent but I'm guessing it's not a Cadillac dealer and as a result not certified.

Run a CarFax and have a mechanic check it over to confirm it hasn't been in any major accident. Also may want to confirm the car hasn't been tuned which would void the power train portion of your warranty.

The OEM Michelin Pilot Sport 2 tires will approach $2K to replace. There are other options. I just replaced the OEMs on my V-coupe (20K miles) with Michelin Super Sports for $1,500 at Discount Tire. That's installed with the Road Hazard warranty. The Super Sports have gotten better reviews and recommendations over the PS 2.

You can use that information as part of your negotiation.

·
Registered
2014 CTS-V 6.2
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Fixed the link

http://www.scrantonmotors.com/VehicleDetails/used-2011-Cadillac-CTS_V_Coupe-CTS_V_Coupe-Vernon-CT/2491553063

It is a Cadillac dealer and will be certified.

shane
The link doesn't work so I can't see specifics.

Price sounds decent but I'm guessing it's not a Cadillac dealer and as a result not certified.

Run a CarFax and have a mechanic check it over to confirm it hasn't been in any major accident. Also may want to confirm the car hasn't been tuned which would void the power train portion of your warranty.

The OEM Michelin Pilot Sport 2 tires will approach $2K to replace. There are other options. I just replaced the OEMs on my V-coupe (20K miles) with Michelin Super Sports for $1,500 at Discount Tire. That's installed with the Road Hazard warranty. The Super Sports have gotten better reviews and recommendations over the PS 2.

You can use that information as part of your negotiation.

·
Registered
3,351 Posts
Looks like a fair price. Low miles considering the year.

It has the Recaros which were a $3K option and are generally preferred although there are some who like the base seats better.

2011 was the first year for the V-coupe which isn't an issue given that the mechanicals didn't really change over the previous years.

The only thing you miss out on an '11 as opposed to later years is the Rainsense wipers. I think Blind spot monitors were on the coupes from the start, but maybe someone with a '11 can verify. As I said, I have a '12.

The programming for the auto trans was supposedly updated in '12 resulting in improved shifting (allegedly).

The only options that are left were the colored calipers, graphite wheels, and suede steering wheel and shift knob. Really minor options and it comes down to personal preference.

You also don't have the moonroof, but that can be viewed as a positive by some. It really is pretty useless as it just vents, doesn't slide open. Some people prefer not having it. I have it and I like it mainly for the additional light in the cabin. You can use it as a negotiation point.

I think you have Midnight Sapele wood. Again a minor option and I wouldn't use it as a deciding factor in the purchase.

----------

Just looked at the pictures again on a computer with a larger screen. Looks to have the suede steering wheel and the Midnight Sapele wood trim.

Only remaining options were the red calipers and graphite wheels. Again, wouldn't be a deal breaker for me and comes down to personal preference.

Good luck!

·
Registered
Gone; ‘09 V, ‘13 V coupe. Curr; ‘14 PG Vsport prem w/Kona interior
6,177 Posts
I think Blind spot monitors were on the coupes from the start, but maybe someone with a '11 can verify. As I said, I have a '12.

I think you have Midnight Sapele wood.
11's did not have blind spot warning.
Midnight Sapele wood trim was an $800 option IIRC. A bit overpriced, but still a nice touch.

·
Registered
2012 V sedan crystal red/ light titanium A6, 2010 GS LPE 650
68 Posts
Look for a 2012 or later. The A6 auto tranny has faster staged up shifts than the 2011. The price won't be much different, if at all. Don't even consider an ATS ( unless you were to wait for the new ATS-V coming out in a few months), as the CTS-V is in a completely different league than the ATS. Have you driven both for comparison ? You'll see a huge difference in performance.

·
Registered
'14 CTS-V LongRoof; '16 ATS-V Sedan,' 04 Trailblazer 4x4; '10 CTS LongRoof gone but never forgotten
14,143 Posts
Yeah, Baby! :woot:

·
Registered
'14 CTS-V LongRoof; '16 ATS-V Sedan,' 04 Trailblazer 4x4; '10 CTS LongRoof gone but never forgotten
14,143 Posts
Every day that I drive my regular CTS w/304 hp to work I miss the 556 hp monster sleeping in my garage. Everytime/every day.

·
Registered
2018 ATS-V Sedan
53 Posts
Assuming you don't plan on keeping the car forever, the CTS-V is a better financial choice. A new ATS will depreciate far more than a used CTS-V over the next couple of years.

That being said, even if it wasn't true, I would still recommend the CTS-V.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts