Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have any good advice for buying rims and tires for my new 03 escalade.
I love the ride with the stock tires but hate the look. (I was parked next to one with 22,s and it put mine to shame) I dont want any rubbing problems so should I be looking for 20's. Also still want to retain the nice ride. Finally looking fo a great deal! I look forward to your inputs.

·
Registered
190 Posts
For the rubbing issue, it all depends on the offset of the rims. My 22" rims have 20 offset with 305/40/22 and it only rubs alittle bit but I cutted the fender alittle and now it does not rubs at all. Some 24" rims can fit the Escalade without any rubbing but again it just depends on the offset of the rims. So 20", 22", and 24" would rubs but if you get the right offset it will not rubs. I would suggest you to go with 22" with 305/40/22 tires because the height of those tires will be the exact height of the factory tires. I think 20" is kind of small and 24" would have a patholes problem. The ride on my 22" is like 20% hasher than the factory. I think the 20" will have a nicer ride but the rims is kind of small on a truck. But 22" looks a lot better. Again this is just me.

·
Registered
121 Posts
sureone said:
Anyone have any good advice for buying rims and tires for my new 03 escalade.
I love the ride with the stock tires but hate the look. (I was parked next to one with 22,s and it put mine to shame) I dont want any rubbing problems so should I be looking for 20's. Also still want to retain the nice ride. Finally looking fo a great deal! I look forward to your inputs.
If you're gonna settle with 22's (too small in my opinion), You might want to consider lowering the car to eliminate that nice huge wheel gap. Yeah, it'll add to a stiffer ride but it would give you suv a more "complete" look along with better handling. If you go with the 20's, I'd just leave it stock then. 24's too big 4 u??

·
Registered
64 Posts
Gotta disagree with you soljah... I think 24's are too big unless you are a rapper or just want to drive up and down hollywood blvd. I had some 22's and went back to the stock 17's because of practicallity issues - The truck looked great (except for the wheel gap but I found it a real drag to have a 4wd truck that I had to treat like a sports car (no potholes, curbs, etc.)

anyways if I change rims again I think I will go with 20's... maybe the best of both worlds?? I love the look of the Platinum Series 20" rims.... improves on the plain jane stock look but still is practical and not too flashy.

just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
121 Posts
skaha said:
Gotta disagree with you soljah... I think 24's are too big unless you are a rapper or just want to drive up and down hollywood blvd. I had some 22's and went back to the stock 17's because of practicallity issues - The truck looked great (except for the wheel gap but I found it a real drag to have a 4wd truck that I had to treat like a sports car (no potholes, curbs, etc.)

anyways if I change rims again I think I will go with 20's... maybe the best of both worlds?? I love the look of the Platinum Series 20" rims.... improves on the plain jane stock look but still is practical and not too flashy.

just my 2 cents.
Well Skaha, I guess we all have different opinions on the issue. Bottom line is this, go 22s or smaller if you're worried about potholes and stiffning in the ride. Oh yeah, you don't have to be rappin to have 24's... Anything smaller just doesn't cut it for me you know?? Yeah, the ride did stiffen up a little & I'm definetely much more aware of the pothole situation but, hey, I can live with that. :yup:

·
Registered
64 Posts
I hear ya, I love the look of 24's... just not the practicality and a little to flashy for me... I don't want to stand out that much but I'm sure your ride looks sweet! :) Got any pics?

·
Registered
198 Posts
I've got 22' Boyds, lowered it, and my ryde NEVER rubs on the fenders! I even had my boy lower it to the "bump stoppers" and it still didn't rub. The main reason? The tires were 40 series. Anything bigger it will rub.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
About this Discussion
8 Replies
7 Participants
Boombotz