Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know where I can get one? The one on my car first broke its lens and now its damaged to the point of no repair, does anyone want to sell theirs or know where I can get a replacement?

·
Registered
95 Fleetwood Brougham / 01 DTS / 11 CTS Lux / 11 DTS Platinum
7,085 Posts
Not a cheap fix. Do you have insurance that would cover it?

I would start looking around the bone yards in the area. Also make sure you know which generation camera you have. It' my understanding that gen I and gen II are NOT interchangeable.

Gen II will have slots on the side making it possible to change the lens, Gen I will not.

·
Registered
2001 DTS / 1973 fleetwood
281 Posts
sounds expensive !

we never seem to use the nightvision, and so if my nightvision ever failed, i would just go out and swap grills, and call it a day.

·
Registered
7,085 Posts
I think the camera is about $2800 just to put you in the right frame of mind.

·
Registered
7,085 Posts
So you can see at night. It's a thermal image of the road ahead displayed onto the windshield .

·
Registered
7,085 Posts
Indeed. I do the same thing. They think they're slick sitting there with the car running making all kinds of heat but they stand out like soar thumb to us.

I use it to find the Po-Po sitting in the median at night and to see how fresh the roadkill is on the side of the road.

·
Registered
Ex-99 Deville and 04 DTS owner. Now 05 DTS and 07 Audi S6 owner. 5.2L V10 power!
864 Posts
I wanted nightvision, but a friend also had one and his stopped working. Too much to fix so I got a DTS without one.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts