Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2004 Seville
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, new to the site and I am looking to buy the suregrip cylinder head stud kit. I was wondering if anyone knows of a good place to get a new set of these with out paying $550.00 for them?

I appreciate any help on this.

Justin

·
Registered
2001 Seville STS, 1990 Seville (RIP), 1972 Sedan Deville
26,323 Posts
Pretty sure nobody's buying them and not using them.

I assume you're talking about the Northstar Performance kit? You can't get a better price than directly from the source.

·
Registered
2004 Seville
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Pretty sure nobody's buying them and not using them.

I assume you're talking about the Northstar Performance kit? You can't get a better price than directly from the source.
Thats sorta what I was hoping for. Its a big job and some people get discouraged and give up.

·
Registered
03 STS
2,527 Posts
U see used timesert kits online occasionally. I saw a bigsert kit for $75. It's easy to buy a kit and sell it when done. But maybe u want to use studs.

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
68,455 Posts
or, if you don't want to tackle studs, take a look at www.huhnsolutions.com.

You may find that - given the price of insert kits - new head bolts (yes, new - you cannot reuse the old ones) and machine tools, it all falls into the same price range.......... and $550 for a kit with studs, nuts, washers, jigs, drills, taps and easy instructions is cheap.

Precision small batch machine work, jig assembly, and overall handling costs are not cheap. You get what you pay for.

·
Registered
4,153 Posts
It's well worth $549. You will figure that out quick when you receive the kit, it's high quality. And everything needed is there.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts