Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac 95 STS, 02 SLS
13,792 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you have any suggestions about specific makes and units? And what should I know about these devices before I buy.

·
Registered
1999 STS - diamond white
5,229 Posts
You might look into z-wave technology/devices. It opens up a whole world of monitoring, surveilance, security and control that can be used with smartphones and other controllers. My security system uses it. I plan to add the cameras soon.

·
Registered
2012 cadillac cts coupe and a 2004 retro bird
533 Posts
Swann has wireless cameras that works with your smartphone and stores in the cloud. They are very easy to hook up to your network . I bought mine a
Costco. Have had mine up a couple of months and they work great.

·
Registered
1999 STS - diamond white
5,229 Posts
i think there's a fee for cloud storage. Welcome to the world of IOT (internet of things). If you ever want to grow your system, look for affiliation at the product level so you can choose products that work together. e.g. I have wireless contact switches, glass break sensors, remote controllers, and a siren out in my detached garage that will trigger my system. I can use Alarm.com on a smartphone or tablet to monitor and control it too.

·
Registered
2012 cadillac cts coupe and a 2004 retro bird
533 Posts
No fee for the home use, it's a great product and easy to set up, and the best part backed by Costco and they have phone technical support. They are not cheap Americas

1 - 5 of 5 Posts