Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2005 SRX V6 AWD
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So im in the market for a used CTS. I love the car and seems like a perfect replacement for my aging STS. My driving habits have changed since i bought the STS, less highway, more town driving, less roadtrips.

Any way... i went out and tried a used 07 with a 2.8 210 hp yesterday. Great solid car but doesnt feel fast enough for me. This one was a bit too expensive and i dont like the color. So im looking for a bit older car, bigger engine. As i understand there are quite a lot of engine combos between 03 and 07. Could i have a quick guide on this???

Btw I figured the V was kinda overkill even tough i would love it ;) Gas mileage would kill me...

Also is there any special options available from year to year? such as Navi, sunroof. etc...

Thanks guys

·
Registered
24 Posts
I just bought a 2004 (pearl on neutral). 2004 and newer comes with the 3.6 VVT (NICE motor) when you get a auto tranny. Things to look for: wood shift knob and steering wheel usually means "luxury package", 17 inch rims usually means sports package. IMO, you want BOTH. The sport package means stabilitrac. I won't leave home without it.... I'm "replacing" my 97 STS (my daughter stole it...) and it will be driven primarily by my wife (it will pay for itself in gas savings when she jumps in it instead of our Yukon XL Denali). Great car, and fun to drive. Seems like the body is more rigid and the suspension is smoother than my STS.
Get get overly stressed about mileage with a larger engine. An engine that is too small for a car (which the 2.8 is IMO) will often do worse than the "right" engine, although the CTS V engine is obserdly powerfull (overkill). The 3.6 does the trick nicely and I'm at about 7200' elevation. Plus it take regular gas!

·
Registered
887 Posts
i have a 2004 cts white diamond every option the car is really nice.......never went back to the dealer for anyting.........just turned 15 thousand miles the car is mint........i hope to get a 2008 cts......

·
Registered
2007 CTS
582 Posts
I have a 2007 2.8L and no complaints from me. My car is broken in the way I want her to be and I get great response from her. I went with the 2.8 over the 3.6 simply because I did not want the bigger engine with the gas prices. I go through a tank about once every two weeks and I couldn't be happier.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts