Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
91 Brougham, 91 Hearse, 73 Fleetwood Brougham, 05 Town Car
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I found a 96 Deville for sale locally, with ONLY 34,000 miles on it!!!!
It is as clean as could be. It is white, with cream/tanish interior in perfect condition.

The asking price is $4999, which I think is pretty reasonable. Car is basically new!

But I had a 98 Deville, with the same engine, and I have had more problems with that car! Head gaskets! And aftermarket radio problems!!!

Is there anything I should worry about with the 96 model year?
Do these cars have the same radio problems the 97-99 devilles had?
Any future engine probs to worry about?

·
Registered
See my sig...
8,096 Posts
Headgaskets, RSS if it's a Concours, and pretty much anything else that could possibly break -- could all be a problem.

Yes, you will have the same aftermarket radio problems as w/the '98.

This isn't to say I wouldn't jump on it -- if you don't have problems it will be a great car for very little money. 2.5 yrs ago, I bought my '95 Concours w/48K miles on it, and now it has 70K. It was in excellent condition when I bought it.

I've replaced the digital dash, the A/C compressor, power window motor, the drivers lock is messed up and will trigger the alarm if you use the key to open it (didn't fix), it needs a fuel pump, and that's just what I remember -- I'm sure there's more. I paid $7K for the car and have probably put $3K in it.

Mine gets mostly highway miles, so I'm not sure if you used yours as a daily driver stop and go city car, it might be harder on it.

Get the coolant gas check, see how much oil it leaks from the rear main seal, have it checked out w/a mechanic otherwise, and if it checks out get it and have the coolant changed first thing.

·
Registered
1990 350 Brougham (The cruiser), 1988 Mark VII LSC (The DD)
5,545 Posts
Yes, you will have the same aftermarket radio problems as w/the '98.
You should be okay with a head unit swap. On the '97+ DeVilles the radio controls several other functions of the car. On '94-'96 models the radio is a separate system and is not related to alarms and stuff.

·
Registered
1994 deville, 1983 fleetwood
39 Posts
i have a 94 deville 4.9 non north star for sale aftermarket cd/mp3 player and sub installed. abou to break 70,xxx

1 - 7 of 7 Posts