Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
NONE
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am scheduled to go and take a look at a 2007 Cadillac CTS tomorrow. Here are details listed on the Craigslist ad.

07 CTS 19K miles,fully loaded,chamileon color,2 tone leather interior,chrome wheels,sun roof,all power,bose sound system,tip tronic transmission,6cd changer in dash .

Way bellow KBB $14,600

Anything I should look at specifically? Any known issues with this model?

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
06 CTS Sport/Luxury package
9,814 Posts
First thing, ask to see if the safety recalls have been done. There are only two recalls that I know, one which was sent to the owners and one that has not. Which to me wouldn't be a big deal because it allows the operation of the sun roof to close when the key is off or something. I don't know, just looked it up for you, since I don't have an 07 or sun roof for that matter. You can find it here.

By the way, I bought my 06 CTS with sports/luxury package back in December of 08. Granted it doesn't have a sun roof, Bose, or two tone leather. At time of sale, it had just over 35,000miles. Anyways, the blue book was between $20 and $21. I paid $15,280 plus all the taxes and fees and such. But you are right, the price that you quoted is nearly half the blue book. If I was you, have a 3rd party mechanic look at it. I don't know how much one would cost, but for this case. It would be well worth it. Also, if this is from a Caddy, or GM for that matter, dealer. Bring the VIN to the service shop yourself and have them run a check on it. It's not like a carfax, just a service history. That is if the previous owner had their work done at a Caddy dealer.

Good luck though, hope all works out well.

KOT

KOT

·
Registered
03 CTS 3.2L (Sold) / 09 CBR 600rr /2014 GMC Sierra
7,872 Posts
Good price, be carefull its not a accident write off.
Sometimes gm will void the warenty if it was a bad accidnt
And they found out.
Check all the edges of the pannels, make sure they have smooth
Paint all around all the edges, and make sure all the gap spacings
Are equal on all doors, hood trunk fenders etc.

·
Registered
They should make a new model name for mine but I guess a CTS
271 Posts
if its chamileon the paint checking wont matter since it would be a custom paint job

1 - 4 of 4 Posts