Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2016 ATS-V
634 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hopefully they can keep the price reasonable. With the 4.2tt and AWD, it should slot in perfectly between the M3/M5; however, if Cadillac prices it in the middle (~85k) then these will be parking lot anchors just like prior V models. GM needs to get smart on pricing!

·
Registered
Cadillac ATS
393 Posts
Hopefully they fix the looks, power output and handling was never an issue with the V models. The way technology is going I wouldn't be surprised if they made it Sport Hybrid for the extra boost of power and just re tuned the 3.0, or dropped the old V sport engine in. I don't think they are willing to put that large V8 engine in the lower brand models, would really hurt the CT6 sales.

·
Registered
2016 ATS-V
634 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hopefully they fix the looks, power output and handling was never an issue with the V models. The way technology is going I wouldn't be surprised if they made it Sport Hybrid for the extra boost of power and just re tuned the 3.0, or dropped the old V sport engine in. I don't think they are willing to put that large V8 engine in the lower brand models, would really hurt the CT6 sales.
But the CT6 is dead at the end of the year.:confused:

·
Registered
2015 CTS Vsport Premium. White and Kona
35 Posts
Compared to a 2014 CTS, the new CT5 is a styling joke. The car looks exactly like a Honda. And that C-Pillar is an outright abomination and an affront to sighted people everywhere. I'm sure the CT5 will handle and drive like a dream with that incredible Alpha Chassis, but the car is so ugly I would kick it every time I walked up to it in a parking lot. It's ugly, man!

·
Registered
2014 ATS 3.6L AWD Performance
492 Posts
I think the current gen CTS-V just became a little more valuable. CT5-V powertrain announced as 3.0TT V6 with 355 hp & 400 ft.-lbs. ...that doesn't even sound as exciting as the outgoing V-sport. The CT4-V is even sillier: 2.7T with 320 hp and 369 ft.-lbs. :ill:

Maybe they're coming out with V+ models, as was rumored a few years ago? Either way, the V brand just got heavily watered down.

·
Registered
Mercedes C300 Luxury - ATS retired (torque coverter shudder)
737 Posts
Compared to a 2014 CTS, the new CT5 is a styling joke. The car looks exactly like a Honda. And that C-Pillar is an outright abomination and an affront to sighted people everywhere. I'm sure the CT5 will handle and drive like a dream with that incredible Alpha Chassis, but the car is so ugly I would kick it every time I walked up to it in a parking lot. It's ugly, man!
Amen

·
Registered
2009 CTS-V 6MT, 2017 AMG GLC43
310 Posts
I think the current gen CTS-V just became a little more valuable. CT5-V powertrain announced as 3.0TT V6 with 355 hp & 400 ft.-lbs. ...that doesn't even sound as exciting as the outgoing V-sport. The CT4-V is even sillier: 2.7T with 320 hp and 369 ft.-lbs. :ill:

Maybe they're coming out with V+ models, as was rumored a few years ago? Either way, the V brand just got heavily watered down.
Cadillac really dropped the ball on this V launch. After keeping everyone in suspense, it would be nice if they could at least clarify whether we will ever see a proper V. You have to wonder with the recent shakeup and re-focus on beancounting whether it's even on the table.

If this is a publicity stunt to sell any excess V's on the lots, it may work.

·
Registered
Prev: 2018 ATS 2.0T NOW: 2020 CT4-V JR
2,423 Posts
It sounds like there will be faster V's later on.

It still would make more sense to call this first version V-Sport. I guess they think they will sell a lot of "V's", when they only
cost $7,000 more than a Sport or the price is $25K less than an ATS-V.

It appear that if we get a CT4-V, at least the V logo will replace the 550T neutron TQ logo.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Motor Authority has 3 articles, one for each CT5V and CT4V and one for the new V something something coming soon as second tier of the new 2 tier approach to performance versions. V Sport make more sense but...new ones will be similar to current V models

·
Registered
'10 CTS4 3.6L Wagon prem; '06 STS 3.6L base; '98 Seville STS
2,369 Posts
Will it retain the v moniker or will they go with a ct5 blackwing, ct4-v+, ct6 blackwing.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
That's more like it, no hood bulge tho or a video clip would have at least confirmed what engine was in there

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
Will it retain the v moniker or will they go with a ct5 blackwing, ct4-v+, ct6 blackwing.

Looks like I was unto something a couple of days ago. I believe they will go with blackwing just like FCA with the scat pak, hellcat, redeye, demon naming skim

And the emblem will be the wings instead of the v Icon. They can even introduce a more powerful powertrain special and go with a redwing

·
Registered
Mercedes C300 Luxury - ATS retired (torque coverter shudder)
737 Posts

·
Registered
2013 XTS4 Platinum '91 Caprice Wagon '15 Impala LTZ (wife's)
614 Posts
FWIW a quote from C&D article from Sept 17 on the fate of the CT6-V Blackwing.
"That makes us wonder what will become of the Cadillac engine. It would make a natural fit in the hottest version of the forthcoming CT5, although that car may get a lower-cost small-block V-8."

1 - 20 of 20 Posts