Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
2014 ATS 2.0T AWD
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey y’all I got 2014 Cadillac ATS 2.0t awd and I’m trying to find how much hp and torque I can get out of this car without having to changes the pistons or blowing the piston and what upgrades would I need

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
68,046 Posts
Welcome to CF !!!

Have you read the rest of this thread that you hijacked? You might want to start your own thread so you don't pollute this one started by Bruin1977. Thanks.

·
Registered
2014 ATS 2.0T 6spd manual Performance RWD
585 Posts
K so first, build the motor. Jk, but that is what I would do if I were going to add any serious power. Don't get me wrong, plenty of people have added a good amount of power and not had an issue but to be safe with a motor as finicky as the LTG I wouldn't take any chances, personally. Also, if you are under warranty, that has a very likely possibility of being voided. That said, from what I have read it seems 350-375 hp are the numbers beyond which you should consider forged internals. I don't think that's wheel horsepower, either. It is tempting though because these cars respond stupid well to even just a downpipe, intake, and tune. It's easy to make power, and the aftermarket is surprisingly plentiful. Whatever you do, don't get a canned tune, absolutely must be custom for a motor like the LTG. When I was set on tuning the car, I was going to use BNR.

·
Registered
ATS 2.0T Luxury AWD
268 Posts
I agree with savethemanuals. I am one of the many that have had to replace an LTG engine. I pretty much just had bolt ons and a tune from ZZP. nothing crazy. was around 330WHP and it crapped all over me. the car is a fickle mistress. so great to look at and so much fun to drive when it works right, but if something goes wrong its a nightmare. EVERYTHING on this car is mother freaking special order. so personally if you were looking for an easy and reliable car to mod this was the wrong platform. it is do-able to get great numbers from this car. if you got the money and time.

·
Vendor
ATS 2.0T gone, 17 Charger Scat Pack current
1,177 Posts
Pistons can/will kill themselves tuned or not, so I wouldn't hesitate to add some simple power from a good tune.
As far as throwing any more parts at it beyond that, I'd start with building the short block first.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts