Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
'03 Escalade ESV
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Trying to see about finally doing my suspension and might go with Monroe's on my '03 ESV. I looked up on Rock Auto but shows me 2 numbers 40032 and 40050 both say:Rear; Escalade ESV; Escalade EXT; w/ Electronic Suspension; w/o ZW7 Premium Smooth Ride Suspension

The 40032 are about $40 cheaper...does anyone know which is the correct one to go with?

Also, is there anything else I need to get besides doing the front/rear shocks and compressor, truck has 124k .

thanks!

·
Registered
Escalade
12 Posts
Just make sure you get "Active Air Suspension" so that you air hose will hook up and you active wires will be attached (active Part).

·
Registered
Escalade
78 Posts
Go here and put your VIN in http://www.monroe.com/en-US/catalog/e-Catalog. You might want to think about getting the Monroe AK29 Monroe Air Shock Accessory Kit as well. From all I have read, for my Escalade with the Z55 and without ZW7, Monroe 40034 in back and Monroe 40044 in front. But my ride is also Base model not ESV.

Just to add a question to OP's post, Why can't I use ESV shocks on a base model and vice versa? It says the 40032 shock is for higher end vehicles. Seems to me that would be a better ride and they look identical and have the same measurements.

·
Registered
03 cadillac escalade
11,902 Posts
lowco8 said:
Go here and put your VIN in http://www.monroe.com/en-US/catalog/e-Catalog. You might want to think about getting the Monroe AK29 Monroe Air Shock Accessory Kit as well. From all I have read, for my Escalade with the Z55 and without ZW7, Monroe 40034 in back and Monroe 40044 in front. But my ride is also Base model not ESV. Just to add a question to OP's post, Why can't I use ESV shocks on a base model and vice versa? It says the 40032 shock is for higher end vehicles. Seems to me that would be a better ride and they look identical and have the same measurements.
Different characteristics between the two due to the differences in weight on the base and esv
I think the 40032 is the shocks that our trucks use but would need more info on said shocks to be sure
Some models don't have the auto ride feature and just have the auto level feature while others have a different fluid in them for the magna ride feature of the newer escalades

·
Registered
'03 Escalade ESV
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
on the monroe website it lists both models numbers as well...so that why not sure which one I need..

1 - 11 of 11 Posts