Cadillac Owners Forum banner

If able to get at same $$ which 2017 pre certified would you buy?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Escalade Platinum
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for everyone’s opinion on which 2017 pre certified Escalade to get;

My dealership has a low mile, 13,050 premium luxury in radiant silver, kona seats, radiant grille, ultra bright 6 spoke 22” (I have ultra brights on my srx and all falling off, are they better on Escalade?) and the power/led side steps.

A platinum dark graphite metallic with higher milage 39,000+, jet black seats.

What’s more important milage or platinum package? As of now price difference is $1,000 more before haggling. I don’t usually put many miles on my cars.

Pro’s for premium luxury; kona seats, fancy grille and low milage. I’d be getting it where I’d be getting it serviced plus I’m a repeat buyer from their dealerships.

Pro’s for platinum; well it’s a platinum! Also think I like the dark graphite metallic better. Also wouldn’t hate getting massages driving home from work!!

·
Registered
207 Posts
low miles +++, Platinum don't have that much more. My F150 limited has massage seats, whoopie doo.
Beside the Kona leather is probably better than the platinums. Light colors sure are easier to keep,

·
Registered
16 Esv Platinum
141 Posts
i just bought a platinum trim and would take a platinum every day of the week over premium. Only $1000 difference vs the mileage means they are putting one hell of a premium $$ wise on the platinum though. I would think the platinum should be cheaper with that mileage. Only you as a buyer can determine the market value between the two. personally i dont like kona and think the resale market will like it even less than i do. I also don't like silver anything. The seat massage feature is nice, but the darker alcantara headliner and upgraded leather make it next level as well as the dash. You will never regret getting the best of anything imo

·
Registered
2015i Escalade ESV Premium
143 Posts
As long as Platinum isn't that "worn", I'd take it. It's a Platinum plus I wouldn't be a fan of the Silver with the Kona interior. Plus it sounds like that's the one you want!
Good luck!

·
Registered
CT6 & Escalade
279 Posts
Platinum all the way!
I can only buy Platinum Escalades.
I saw so many deals on other trims... but I had to get a Platinum one. My previous one was as well.
BUT I do love the Radiant grill. Very nice!

·
Registered
19 CTS-V, 17 Escalade, 88Corvette,71Corvette
481 Posts
If you’re planning on driving it a lot the lower mileage one. No brainer on that. If you’re driving 15k+ miles per year in 2 yrs you have a 80k mile Platinum vs 40k+ one. If you’re selling it then you’ve made a mistake buying the Platinum. If it’s a 3rd car and you’re putting 5-10k miles per year and you’re planning on keeping it for 159-200k miles then you may appreciate the Platinum for its features. The way I drive I’d get the low mileage one.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts