Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2006 CTS-V
897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First off, I have to apologize for the pics. The V is coated in a salt/dirt haze and looks like hell. I wash it almost every 3 days, but in the weather we're getting you just can't keep up. Also, the tips are equally as dirty, so don't take their lack of brilliance as evidence of how they actually look.

I don't have any mufflers, so the overall length of the tips really didn't make any difference to me. I just had mine installed and let me tell you, they look stellar. The fella at the muffler shop charged me $40 to hack off the OEM tips, realign/center, and weld these ones in. All said and done, it cost me $90 including the tips! I'm tellin ya, anyone looking for just exhaust tips, you can't beat these Cherry Bomb ones on Summitfor $21 each. They're non-magnetic stainless, they're the double-walled style, they look great, and they're at least 1/3rd less than similar Magnaflow, etc. tips. A-1 in my book!!

·
Registered
2006 CTS-V Black Raven w/Ebony
73 Posts
Thanks for posting this. I had seen these, but was worried about the short length. I was afraid you would be able to see where the tips are welded to the pipe. I can't see that in your pics. Have you noticed that from any angle?

·
Registered
2006 CTS-V
897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No, I haven't noticed that. The OEM tips are a lot shorter than these, so if those didn't give you that problem, these sure wont.

·
Registered
2011 CTS-V sedan, 08 SRX4
132 Posts
Looks great! Which part number are yours? I'm on Summits site now and there are a few different inlet/outlet sizes.

·
Registered
07 CTS-V Maggied
1,069 Posts
These are the same exact that I have. I like them a lot, but now I almost kinda want bigger ones; maybe 1" bigger. And remember for anyone doing the muffler delete with these tips you can make them as short or long as you want. Just depends on the length of the straight pipe ur shop welds in.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts