Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2011 SRX
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for recommendations on new tires. I did search but the posts are a few years old. Not looking for the middle range all season tire.

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
70,747 Posts
I've had great service out of the Cooper CS-(series) tires on the STS, Explorer, and two F-150s. Long-wearing, sticky, quiet, smooth.

Get into www.tirerack.com and read the consumer reviews on your preferred tire brand/model/size.

Tires are like guns, whiskey, women - everyone has their own preferences and posted opinion won't change that.

·
Registered
2014 SRX Premium
31 Posts
Less than a year ago I went with the Pirelli Scorpion Verde All Season Plus II. They have been great.
I have the 20" wheels on my 2014 SRX premium and they are not loud, they handle good in the rain and dry. It did snow about 5" this past winter and I did go out and had no problems. YES, we had 5" in GA.
I purchased from tire rack .com.
I would purchase again.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2014 SRX Lux
348 Posts
Less than a year ago I went with the Pirelli Scorpion Verde All Season Plus II. They have been great.
I have the 20" wheels on my 2014 SRX premium and they are not loud, they handle good in the rain and dry. It did snow about 5" this past winter and I did go out and had no problems. YES, we had 5" in GA.
I purchased from tire rack .com.
I would purchase again.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
This is also our choice. 2.5 years now and they still rip through the Minnesota snow. Good, sticky tire in all conditions.

·
Super Moderator
2003 Deville Base
5,340 Posts
I'm with Sub on this one. Both cars and the truck have Coopers. The Deville and Grand Marquis are on CS3's. The Mercury is due, so it'll be CS-5.

·
Registered
2015 SRX Premium FWD
737 Posts
I went with Michelin Premier LTX. I'm in SoCal, so, no snow. The car came with Cooper SRX tires. The Michelins drive better for me, especially overall traction. They are good in the rain, too.

·
Registered
2012 SRX4 Premium
276 Posts
Buy whatcha want. Whatever you choose some will say they are fantastic and others will say they're crap. I bought a great set of tires which have served me well for chump change. I'm not getting into it again, but if you want good tires at a good price, look up my old post. IMO generally speaking tires are tires and if you want top performance they need to be replaced every other year or so. A tire with 20k on it is not going to perform anywhere near as well as it did when new.

·
Registered
2008 Escalade ESV 2WD 6.2
28 Posts
Tirerack.com is a good suggestion. Look at speed ratings, temp & weather, load, noise, etc. Very helpful info if you take the time to look at it all. Good luck.

·
Registered
2014 Cadillac SRX
2 Posts
I've had great service out of the Cooper CS-(series) tires on the STS, Explorer, and two F-150s. Long-wearing, sticky, quiet, smooth.

Get into www.tirerack.com and read the consumer reviews on your preferred tire brand/model/size.

Tires are like guns, whiskey, women - everyone has their own preferences and posted opinion won't change that.

I prefer Michelin tires - I have them on my SRX, my Corvette, and my Harley - because they are more durable and last longer than all of the other brands. You pay more but you get so much more. Read up on all of the brands at Tire Rack as they are an excellent resource whether you buy from them or not. Be an informed buyer, shop around, and purchase wisely.

·
Registered
2015 SRX PREMIUM AWD
9 Posts
I only got 28,000 miles out of my Michelin tires, they were properly rotated and checked for balance every 6,000 miles. I know Michelin makes a good tire, maybe I just had a bad set. I installed Goodyear Assurance Weatherready tires and so far I am totally satisfied. They have been super quiet, wet weather traction has been excellent. Can't say how they are in the snow yet. But so far I'm really happy. The Pirelli Scorpion Verde was also a consideration as I've had good luck with Pirelli in the past. I've not had good luck with Cooper but the tire I had is not what others are mentioning on this thread.

·
Registered
2014 Cadillac SRX
2 Posts
My Corvette came with Goodyears on it and I barely got 20,000 miles out of them. I put another set on it and got the same result. I had Michelins on my GMC pick up at the time and liked them a lot so I put a set of Michelin Pilot Sport 3's on my Corvette and have close to 35,000 miles on them now. They will need replacing soon. I ended up getting 85,000 miles out of the Michelins on my truck. I bought a 2014 SRX in June and like it alot. The tires needed replacing so I put a set of Michelins on it.

·
Registered
2015 SRX Premium FWD
737 Posts
I never get more than 25 or 30,000 miles out of my tires, on any of my cars, but I do get more than 5 years on them. I've been told it's my driving habits. But, I use Michelins on everything.

·
Registered
2015 SRX LUX 2014 CTS LUX Phantom Grey (previously 2008 STS)
2,002 Posts
My too and I do not abuse them. After 5 years, tires should be replaced anyway

·
Registered
2012 SRX4 Premium
276 Posts
I've yet to see a good set of Michelins. The tread lasts forever though. I suspect the ratings and reviews on them are padded and therefore skewed. I'll even go as far as saying people may join various forums only to promote them. I've seen a lot of that lately. Especially pertaining to car dealer ratings. It's called reputation repair and there are companies who do little more than post rosy reviews to dilute the bad ones.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts