Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
NONE
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I am in market for getting crossover. I did test drives for Acura RDX, Lexus N200t and Nissan Murano yet. I am seeking help to narrow down my choice. I am not looking for off-road capabilities and we are just two in family as of now. Most importantly I will give weightage to looks and luxurious touch inside, at least it should look like that. Being high in costs, I will consider to go with leasing because I will be staying in US only for next 3.5 years.
I saw and sat in Nissan Murano. Interior and exterior of Nissan Murano really gives great feel close to luxurious called vehicles. yet to take test drive.
Lincoln MKX is having very comfortable seating. Looks good. Not sure about driving.
Cadillac SRX - I am yet to take test drive tomorrow. Checked it on internet only. Hopefully, it should be nice one.
Lexus NX200t is new one in market and it seems dealer was reluctant to offer discounts on that. While on other cars, I can see incentives and discounts.
Other SUV are not fitting my choices, like, Infinity QX50 is small, whereas QX70 is touching $50,000+. RX350 and Audi Q5 will cross $40,000. I do not want to cross $40,000. We are only two people, so two row sitting should be fine for me.
Any thoughts/opinions please ?

Regards

·
Super Moderator
2013 ATS Performance 2.0T M6, 2016 Mustang GT Performance Pack, M6
6,631 Posts
Welcome to the forums.

If you want to spend less than $40K out the door and have luxury as a top priority, the SRX might not work. Only the base trim is under $40K before tax, lic, etc, and the next level is ~$45k.

·
Master of the Dark Art of Diagnostics
2003 DHS - two-2002 DHS, 2003 SLS, 1995 Sedan DeVille, 1989 Coupe DeVille
19,254 Posts
I'd recommend the Nissan Murano

·
Registered
NONE
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
basscatt, I am also leaning towards Nissan Murano. Excellent design and stunning looks.
On other side, Acura RDX is also attracting me a lot. Still confused, but a bit less :)

·
Registered
Past: 95 Fleetwood, 91 Brougham. Now: 92 Lexus SC300
5,418 Posts
Jeep is offering decent incentives on the Grand Cherokee. Get the Limited with the 8-speed and 3.6. You won't regret it.

SRX is getting a bit dated.
I 2nd the Grand Cherokee option. For that 30-40k price point I think its a great value, plus its actually off-road capable and has some towing capacity, something you don't get with these car based cross-overs.

·
Super Moderator
2002 Seville STS F55, 2006 Mazda Miata
22,408 Posts
basscatt, I am also leaning towards Nissan Murano. Excellent design and stunning looks.
On other side, Acura RDX is also attracting me a lot. Still confused, but a bit less :)
RDX is a good pick but the newest one with the V6 lost a lot of character. The turbo RDX had more punch and sizzle.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts