Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2012 cts-v
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,
I'm the proud owner of a black diamond 2012 CTS-V Sedan, leased and then bought it out. So now comes the fun part. I have been stalking this site for a while and because of it I chose the Super Sports and Air Raid for my first upgrades.
I'm chasing HP and Torque without the hassles of a bad choice. Will I get this with a set of Kooks, stock mufflers and a tune. I don't want the usual header/custom exhaust maintenance issue that make me chase leaks.
I'm in Seattle and would appreciate any solid tips.

·
Registered
2009 CTS-V
2,840 Posts
And why not an upper pulley and tune??? That's about the biggest bang for the buck than you can possibly hope for...and relatively bulletproof. Docile in town and a beast under boost.

·
Registered
2009 cts-v
968 Posts
And why not an upper pulley and tune??? That's about the biggest bang for the buck than you can possibly hope for...and relatively bulletproof. Docile in town and a beast under boost.

Definitely agree with Trapspeed. Go with a 2.55" upper ( will need a different length serpentine belt ). Going this route will allow you to pick up anywhere from 50 -70 rwhp. Just make sure you get a reliable , experienced tuner who uses a dyno ( and not a canned tune such as Diablo) for the tune. IMO & FWIW, look for the AIR/FUEL ratio number to be right around 11.6/ 11.7, to be safe.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts