Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2015 SRX
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone please help me locate a wire on my 2015 SRX?

Normally, somewhere in the vehicle is a relay or switch that honks the horn. Either the power comes from the horn button on the steering wheel or the button on the steering wheel operates a relay that powers the horn. It seems logical that there is a second relay or switch that allows the Cue system to honk the horn. Can anyone lead me to the wire that carries the signal for an order from the Cue system to honk the horn?

Not interested in a philosophical debate whether disallowing the Cue to honk my horn is good karma. Just looking for the location of the wire so I can disconnect it.

What does it take to get a copy of the wiring diagram for a 2015 Cadillac SRX?

Thanks!
Steve

·
Registered
2013 SRX Performance
94 Posts
There is probably an "OR" circuit driving a horn relay. Two diodes allow low current signals from either the Cue " OR" the horn ring to activate the relay that supplies high current to the horn. YES, you will need a schematic diagram and someone to read it. Capt. George, electronic design engineer.

·
Registered
'14 SRX4 Premium silver-coast/shale-brownstone
709 Posts
I doubt you'd ever find one. The control module gets a signal from the steering wheel switch, and then it triggers the horn to sound, or it gets a signal from CUE or within itself and honks the horn. I highly doubt separate wiring exists.

EVERYTHING in cars nowadays is controlled electronically, nothing is hardwired.

Max

·
Registered
2015 SRX
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Why speculate on how Cadillac wired it when there are diagrams that define their wiring?

Anyone with a recent service manual??? Maybe a 2014 ... or 2013 ... or maybe even 2012? Any chance someone could provide a PDF of the horn wiring, especially as it comes from the CUE?

Please?

I found a 2004 that had two relays, one under the hood and one under the driver's dash around the DIM. Sure looks like pulling the DIM relay would shush that horn. But I have not a CUE on the 2015.

·
Registered
2015 SRX
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you MI-SRX. That website was a wealth of information.

I really enjoyed looked at how the vehicle is laid out. I, and I am betting other Cadillac owners, have no idea of the complexity of the vehicle they are driving. The systems at work in our cars are really amazing.

I don't like the answer I found with respect to the body control module. I'm sure there is no schematic on that. The wiring diagrams for the 2014 show the horn contacts running through the steering wheel air bag coil and then into the BCM which acts as a relay powering an actual relay under the hood. That means the beep-beep-beep manipulation has to be done inside the BCM, essentially inside a black box.

It looks like the only way to shut the thing up is to add a secondary switch inside the cabin interrupting the under hood horn relay.

Steve

·
Registered
2015 SRX
31 Posts
Might be worth looking at the BN/WH and L-GN/WH wires leaving the body control module. Where is the body control module located? I think my logic probe is capable of 12V operation.

horn.png

·
Registered
2015 SRX
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I wish it were that easy. Pulling either of those wires will disconnect the horn completely. I would have to dremel out the trace below the "X3 18" input that allows the module to have control. Or maybe add a relay that replaces the X3/X5 relay.

horn.jpg

·
Registered
2002 Eldorado Biarritz
451 Posts
Can someone please help me locate a wire on my 2015 SRX?

Normally, somewhere in the vehicle is a relay or switch that honks the horn. Either the power comes from the horn button on the steering wheel or the button on the steering wheel operates a relay that powers the horn. It seems logical that there is a second relay or switch that allows the Cue system to honk the horn. Can anyone lead me to the wire that carries the signal for an order from the Cue system to honk the horn?

Not interested in a philosophical debate whether disallowing the Cue to honk my horn is good karma. Just looking for the location of the wire so I can disconnect it.

What does it take to get a copy of the wiring diagram for a 2015 Cadillac SRX?

Thanks!
Steve
What honk is bothering you. Many of the horn warnings are able to be disabled through personalization settings?

·
Registered
2015 SRX
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
When exiting a GM/Cadillac with the key and closing the door while the car is running, the horn beeps three times. I have to do just that, leave the car running and close the door on a grand number of occasions. My car is the hit of the neighborhood, and not in a good way.

There are two other threads that describe this further.

And, no, this particular problem has no programming function that can relieve the problem. Remembering to gently close the door, just barely clicking it, is a rare event, but stops it.

Steve

·
Registered
2002 Eldorado Biarritz
451 Posts
When exiting a GM/Cadillac with the key and closing the door while the car is running, the horn beeps three times. I have to do just that, leave the car running and close the door on a grand number of occasions. My car is the hit of the neighborhood, and not in a good way.

There are two other threads that describe this further.

And, no, this particular problem has no programming function that can relieve the problem. Remembering to gently close the door, just barely clicking it, is a rare event, but stops it.

Steve
Yeah there is no way to disable that other than leave your fob in the car or shut it off. Unless you want to completely eliminate every automatic horn function and build your own relayed horn circuit for the horn button. Another option might be buying an extra fob and leaving a fob in the fob pocket or somewhere else in the car. Then it will have a fob to satisfy its requirements. Personalization settings are triggered by the unlock command so you will retain those settings. But then you will have a new alert sounding when you leave that fob in the car with the car off. But you can disable that alert in the settings.

·
Registered
2015 SRX
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I thought about leaving a fob in the car. But then someone breaking in takes the car. Maybe, I haven't tried it, leaving the fob in the car will allow unlocking using the door handle buttons.

Steve

·
Registered
2015 SRX
31 Posts
What about connecting BN/WH to L-GN/WH, bypassing the BCM completely? Or since the BCM honks are short, maybe a capacitor in series on the BN/WH wire that requires a longer time to charge than the three quick pulses?

In my case I get a triple honk just for turning the car off. I don't have to open a door and I've already disabled everything in CUE.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts