Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
Escalade
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, Just looking for some info regarding installing a shift kit in 03-06 Caddy's. I have heard that the computer will composate for the hard shifting, making the shift kit useless. I have also heard that due to the shift kit being a mechanical alteration, the computer will not effect the harder shifts. The reason for the inquiry is with a supercharger the tranny seems to slip at hard acceleration, and I have heard that a shift kit will prolong the life of the transmission.

Hope to hear from someone that knows. thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2003 ESV
326 Posts
Interesting question. I don't have much to contribute, but, I was just curious how it behaves when you put it in tow mode? Does that help with the slippage?

·
Registered
2004 Escalade ESV
9 Posts
Any more info on this? Was thinking of the same thing. A transgo shift kit for the 4L65E seems like a good deal, if you allready have to pull/work the trans for some service. I know these things work in the Mustang/Camero world, seems like they would here as well.

Transgo shift kit for the 1993-2007 4L60E, 4L65E, 4L75E, Except Hybrids. P/N 4L60E-HD2. Comes with P/N 7-CS and 4L60E-BOOST. This kit gives crisp muscle car shifts in all gears and will work in vehicles from street to full-race. With this kit you'll be able to hold 1st, 2nd, & 3rd to any RPM. You will also be able to downshift at any RPM. Along with the increased performance from you vehicle, you will also see an increase in the life of your transmission due to the reduced slippage. This is the most complete shift kit available and definitely the most reputable. This isn't the same kit as all of the others that just changes a few springs and has you drill a few holes. This kit comes with three different valves to help completely recalibrate the shifts. All parts and gaskets are included, no special tools required. This kit includes the large "Boost Valve." Please look at my other items more great deals on other transmission parts.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/TRANSGO-4L6...Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr&hash=item27c076bc6a

1 - 4 of 4 Posts