Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2005 CTS 3.6L, 2006 350Z, Ducati 996s
2,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone give me any substantial info on the new CTS? I still can't find any info on the rear end.

·
Registered
CTS
1,756 Posts
I've not seen anything specific, but do recall someone posting on the forum awhile back that it is a beefier unit that should eliminate the problem existing with the '03 - '07 cars. Dunno where they got their info.

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
The rear differential on the new CTSs has been substantially redesigned, specifically the cradle it is attached to.

I have a picture on my home PC I'll upload later.

·
Registered
CTS
1,756 Posts
Yeah, that may be it...though I thought someone had posted essentially the same info directly in the forum.

No matter - the important thing is that GM has done something with the '08 to eliminate the problem.

Also created another incentive for folks to trade up - crafty devils...

·
Registered
2017 XT5 and 2014 Corvette
1,183 Posts
LSD is available although not standard. There's a lot of details if you download the ordering guide from here. Click on "print book" then select what you want to print.
-Bryce
The Limited Slip Differential (RPO Code G80) is only available as part of other option packages.

On the 6DM69, it is only available as part of Y42 (18" All Season Tire Performance Package).

On the 6DP69, it is only available as part of either Y42 (18" All Season Tire Performance Package) OR Y43 (18" Summer Tire Performance Package).

:cheers:

·
Registered
NONE
184 Posts
And the LSD is also available with AWD, which should make the car a really monstrous snowmobile... Me likey... Wonder how it would stack up against the almighty quattro.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts