·
Registered
2019 CT6 Blackwing, 2014 CTS-V Sport, 1987 Buick Grand National, 1972 Pontiac
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Don't hold back:

·
Registered
19CT6, 17Audi S7 15Audi A8, 16GMC 4x4 15CTSV Coupe SOLD.
345 Posts
Looks good .

Sent from my SM-N976V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Not for me but You do You.
What other people think is unimportant.
It's important to me because I don't want to ruin a beautiful car and I'm not sure if the gold is too much. I don't trust my judgment.

·
Registered
Prev: 2018 ATS 2.0T NOW: 2020 CT4-V JR
2,539 Posts
Those wheels give it a white wall look, that is out if style.

Chrome looks best on a Cadillac. Unless you have 20" already, stay with the 18 or 19" size you already have
or it will be a hard ride, especially with RF tires.

·
Premium Member
2006 STS V6 AWD
56 Posts
I agree with most here in saying stick with silver. I also agree with @CSIMME01 though if that's what you like then that's the answer. Watch your offset on aftermarket especially with 20's, aside from causing driving issues I've heard of insurance companies denying claims for this on aftermarket wheels. Good luck !!

·
Registered
'18 CT6 Platinum
33 Posts
I prefer the look of chrome/shiny metal OEM wheels to any other wheel/color. It is hard to improve on something talented professional designers and engineers have created.

·
Registered
96 FWB
1,286 Posts
I was going to say it's an expensive yet effective means of transforming a sophisticated roadcar into a gold anodized oversized hood ornament necklace wearing Guido from up east. But that's a touch insensitive. Honestly, to this old fart it just smacks of gold plating emblem craze - of the '80's was it??

And maybe not as much an issue with young-uns, but anything 5-spoke automatically defaults to oldschool Cragar SS mags ala Starskey & Hutch.

Either of those 2 grays below are more viable if silver is off the table. BTW and FTR you got a couple of nice rides there.

·
Registered
2016 CT6 3.0TT Platinum
99 Posts
IMHO the gold doesn’t work.

Now, here’s how I think of appropriate wheel spoke count on GM vehicles:

Cadillac - 7-spoke/multiple of 7
GMC - 3-spoke/multiple of 3
Chevrolet - 5-spoke/multiple of 5

The 5-spoke 20” wheels on the CT6 don’t work for me, which is why I was happy to find a Platinum with the 19” 14-spoke (7 thick & 7 thin) wheels.

The silver 7-spoke wheels in those pics might work, although I’d go with 19” so there’s a little more tire between the road and the rim.

Our opinions are irrelevant; as others have said: You do you.

·
Registered
2016 Escalade ESV, 2017 GMC Sierra 6.2
1,791 Posts
Wheels can only be 3 colors: Black, Silver, or Chrome...thats it. Its rare when another color actually looks good.
But I can think of 2 cars that work with gold wheels...a Smokey and the Bandit era Trans Am and a Subaru WRX/STI.

·
Registered
2020 CT6 Premium Luxury; 2009 DTS Premium Luxury; 2009 STS V6 AWD & 2002/2000 Eldorado ETC (traded)
198 Posts
It's hard to say but on my screen, the color looks more like copper than gold which is harder to match. The silver around the edge conflicts somewhat with the copper/gold. Someone earlier mentioned whitewalls which might look better if that's the look someone wanted. But as others have said, it is what you like. I think on a black car, those wheels would look better.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
To clear up some confusion since that isn't the best pic here is the wheel. I agree a 6 spoke may be more tasteful and am consider that. As to the gold, I always liked the white and gold like the 80's trans am's had. I'm old school though. My truck has a chrome brush guard and bed bars and looks like Walker Texas Ranger's truck, lol.

Ferrada, your paint looks amazing. Is that the same pearl as my 19? Any secret to get that glow?

·
Registered
345 Posts
You can get a good wheel from discount tires.
They can get almost any wheel.
Plus good customer service.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
You can get a good wheel from discount tires.
They can get almost any wheel.
Plus good customer service.

Yeah, I already talked to discount and they told me just to find a rim and they'll sell it to me and install. I get the tires for all my cars from them. They always treat me right and one time when I was 400 miles from home I had a tire that couldn't be patched and the local discount tire didn't have the same tires in stock so they gave me a different brand new tire to get me home and then my home discount tire ordered me a replacement and put it on all at no cost under road hazard.

I'm a customer for life after that.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Outstanding customer service.
They looked out for u 4 sure.

·
Registered
2016 Escalade ESV, 2017 GMC Sierra 6.2
1,791 Posts
I’m more of an odd number of spokes guy myself. 5 or 7. The exception to that rule is double spokes like 7 double spokes (equals 14 total). Like this 14 spoke Escalade wheel that has the odd number of spokes look.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Chrome is Cadillac. Gold is popular with folks too...I prefer the black chrome , dark graphite, or bout any dark color wheel against white paint. If you have plans of tinting like the one posted above, it'll look 10x better. This is all my own personal opinion tho

1 - 20 of 26 Posts