Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
'03 Escalade ESV
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I called my local caddy dealer and they want about $430 for new one. Ive been looking around online and and for bout half the price I can get one, problem is how good are they? Whats the difference between OEM and aftermarket? is it that much of a difference in plastic material?

If anyone knows a good place to purchase a good quality bumper please let me know ..thanks!

·
Registered
'05 ESV Platinum, 250,000 still looking fine, really fine!
1,133 Posts
Long story short. I was parked at one of the ski mountains a few years back. There was a thick rope draped between 4 x 4 posts that seperates you from the vehicle in front of you. Somehow the rope was put intentionally or someone tripped over it and it caught the inside of my wheel well. I started to back out of the spot and I heard a terrible noise, yep it was my front bumper cover getting ripped off. Anyways the damage was done and I found myself on Ebay where I found a Chinese knock off, for less than half of OEM and the company would ship it painted (Escalade Black). Awesome deal, if I didn't like it I would put it back on Ebay or Craigslist it. I kept it!

The Chinese cover fit like a glove, no complaints other than it has more waves than OEM not that bad but just more. Waves from when its formed, (kind of like looking down a Corvette or a fiberglass boat) type of waves. Bolt holes all lined up, the fog holes are spot on and the paint was professionally sprayed.

Unfortunately the company is no longer on Ebay, but the moral of my long winded story is I would definitely go Chinese knock off if I have to replace the cover again. You could always try www.car-part.com if you want a used cover as well.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts