Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
Yukon
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for a factory muffler that someone has taken off and would be willing to sell.

·
Registered
2008 Escalade AWD
32 Posts
Ouch! Mine ended up in the trash pile after I had my custom exhaust installed. The shop said I could have it if I wanted it but I said there is no way I can go back after they trimmed the plastic to get the new exhaust installed. You might want to call around to some local custom exhaust shops and see if they have any take-offs laying around. Mine layed in a trash pile for a week before a truck finally came and hauled it away. Try calling them late on Saturday afternoons since that is typically their busy day and probably your best bet to find a take-off from a Tahoe, Yukon, Denali or Escalade. If you don't mind dumpster diving you might find a nice one for free if you dig through their trash pile on Saturday night!

·
Registered
Yukon
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No one has one that they have cut off? I have tried calling muffler shops but they don't know what they have exactly just a big pile. If anyone could give me the numbers off of theres that might help.

thanks

·
Registered
2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX
13,353 Posts
I always keep mine in case I trade the truck in then I put it back to 100% stock. I will try to get numbers off my muffler when I get home

·
Registered
2007 Escalade EXT and 2012 Volt
365 Posts
What area are you located? I am going to replace my factory 2008 EXT system 6k miles in the next month or so with a Borla catBack I already have but have not installed. The old system will be available for sale in Alabama...I have friends in OH, and NC which might make it worthwhile to deliver. I am going to try to remove it without cutting it but that may not be possible. The 3.5 EXT's seem awful throaty in stock form.

·
Registered
2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX
13,353 Posts
You can take it off in one piece if you drop the rear axle on the standard Escalade, I did that on one of my 07's, after that I cut the exhaust before the muffler and after the muffler making it easy to put back together on my other Escalade's, it was just easier to store and transport, and went back together perfect.

·
Registered
365 Posts
hvcone, were your original pipes black at the output? I have what I believe is significant sooting of the pipes. I am reluctant to get a tune done until I get the headers bought and installed. The Borla instructions recommend cutting the pipe after the muffler rear mounting brackets just before the rear spring, I may do that but I have to remove the springs anyway to put the GF 2/2.75 lowering kit on so am up in the air about the process.

·
Registered
Yukon
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I am located in Houston TX. I am not worried about the rest of the piping or resonator. I just want the muffler.

·
Registered
2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX
13,353 Posts
hvcone, were your original pipes black at the output? I have what I believe is significant sooting of the pipes. I am reluctant to get a tune done until I get the headers bought and installed. The Borla instructions recommend cutting the pipe after the muffler rear mounting brackets just before the rear spring, I may do that but I have to remove the springs anyway to put the GF 2/2.75 lowering kit on so am up in the air about the process.
Yes they were, it was pretty rich from the factory, the Preditor leaned it out some, but it sould be leaned out more, but the Preditor has it's limited, for the best get a dyno tune, if your truck is all wheel drive it's harder to find a 4 wheel dyno but worth looking for.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Thanks for the info Hcvone. And for 05Yukon, you are welcome to have mine when I change it out (within thirty days) for cost of shipping and $5.00 gas money.

·
Registered
Yukon
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ok thanks does anyone happen to know what shipping would run?

hcvone did you ever get a chance to look for the numbers? I would like to see if I can find one locally if possible.

·
Registered
2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX
13,353 Posts
Part #25787214 the exhaust system is made by Arvin Meritor Exhausts, bet you did not think I knew that did you????

·
Registered
2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX
13,353 Posts
Thanks for that. Do you happen to know if there are any other numbers on the muffler itself?
That was the only number on my muffler, any number would be easy to see, the system only had about 200 miles when I took if off

·
Registered
Yukon
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Alright thanks. I looked at the muffler on my 05 and it had a bunch of different numbers. Guess they've changed them as well as made them sound better.

·
Registered
2012 Escalade, 2014 SRX
13,353 Posts
Alright thanks. I looked at the muffler on my 05 and it had a bunch of different numbers. Guess they've changed them as well as made them sound better.
The 05' muffler would be nothing like the 07', the 6.2 uses a larger front and rear pipe dia., you would be better off asking a member from the 02-06' Forum. :) It's not uncommon for GM to change the muffler part number several times for different manufacturers that supply the muffler or if there has been any slight changes

·
Registered
Yukon
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
No i understand that I wanted an 07 or new cause I like the sound of it much better. I know the pipe is bigger and it wont bolt up. Im just going to have the muffler welded in.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts