Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
06 STS-V & 06 STS 4 (sold 2016)
2,760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have the OEM part number for just the front door of the ashtray on a 2006 STS? I need the part number for just the wood trim piece. There should be 2 different ones depending on the interior color.

I can only find the part number for the whole ashtray.

Thanks!

·
Registered
08 STS-4 N* 1SG, 08 DTS Luxury II, 04 Bonneville GXP N*
3,215 Posts
Anyone have the OEM part number for just the front door of the ashtray on a 2006 STS? I need the part number for just the wood trim piece. There should be 2 different ones depending on the interior color.

I can only find the part number for the whole ashtray.

Thanks!
My guess is that you'll have to purchase the assembly. The only part you will likely be able to get as a separate item is the insert that clips into the slide-out drawer assembly.

·
Registered
3,215 Posts
The wrecking yard is your friend.
Agreed! I have purchased many parts from Schram Auto Parts and have always received very good quality parts and well packaged for shipping (you should be able to Google them for contact info). They have also dismantled a number of these vehicles. Might want to give them a try. Failing that, there is also Car-Part.com where you may be able to find one.

·
Registered
2,760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Good advice guys. What's weird is that I don't see 2 different part numbers for the ash tray, but I should because there are definitely 2 different shades of wood trim for the 2006.

·
Registered
3,215 Posts
Good advice guys. What's weird is that I don't see 2 different part numbers for the ash tray, but I should because there are definitely 2 different shades of wood trim for the 2006.
Where are you looking? Places like compnine.com and gmpartsdirect.com don't have up to date, or complete parts guides as you find at a dealership. I've noticed these online catalogs lack an enormous amount of detail and trim (colour) information.

·
Registered
2006 STS 1SG & 2007 STS 1SE
14 Posts
I'm still within CPO so as my ashtray gears skip along I contemplate my next loaner...

But it does 'work'. If it quits, I could bash the passenger-side of the center stack (i.e the trick).

Anyone here really figure out this lousy ashtray design?

·
Registered
2,760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Where are you looking? Places like compnine.com and gmpartsdirect.com don't have up to date, or complete parts guides as you find at a dealership. I've noticed these online catalogs lack an enormous amount of detail and trim (colour) information.
I have a PDF of many of the 2005-2006 STS parts that I got a long time ago, as well as online. Most of those places don't even give the part numbers.

·
Registered
3,215 Posts
I have a PDF of many of the 2005-2006 STS parts that I got a long time ago, as well as online. Most of those places don't even give the part numbers.
The part numbers are on those two sites, you just need to know how to elicit them from the page. Your PDF's, depending on source may be no better that the online sites. You're better off calling your local dealer. If you plan on getting it from a wrecker, they can often find something like that without a number.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts