Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4,183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For my 2000 Seville if I leave my key in ACC I could listen to the radio until I turn it off.

But in my 1999 Deville, even when the key is in ACC the radio goes off after 10 minutes. I have to turn the key on and off to reactive radio. Owner's manual says to turn keys when it goes off but sometimes I listen to radio for more than an hour in the car. Also I don't want to turn on head&taillights, ELC, fuel pump, and etc when I am not going to use it.

Anyway, is there a way to keep my radio working for more than 10 minutes with key in ACC? If there is a way then it should also keep the radio when I open my door with key in ACC.

Thank you in advance!!

·
Super Moderator
2010 DTS
88,442 Posts
If you look at the RAP fuse I THINK there may be a second position where you can bypass the RAP system and keep it powered by simply moving the fuse over one space. Your owners manual MIGHT mention it. If not, some searching here might locate it. I recall seeing a picture of it once. That said, I'm not sure if it was just for the accessory outlets or if it includes the radio.

·
Registered
4,183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hmm, I remember my Seville having those adjustable fuses (#22 or #23 I think) but I think for Deville it is a 00-05 thing. I either can't find the adjustable spot or they don't exist. I will keep looking through manuals and fuse boxes. Not positive though since the owner's manual mentions to turn the key on and off when it goes off.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts