Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
CTS-V
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking at 06-07 used STS-Vs. Any major problems with these cars? What should I be concerned about or look for before purchasing a used V???

·
Registered
2015 BMUU 335i MSport, 2006 STS-V--2005 CTS-V ( traded in)
25,514 Posts
There's already three to four threads asking the very same questions. Please take a minute and look through them.

·
Registered
none
627 Posts
There's already three to four threads asking the very same questions. Please take a minute and look through them.
I see you've got your years picked out...out of those I'd go for the '07. The steering wheel controls allow you to advance through the preset radio stations and cd discs and I think the '06's don't. But, the '08 brings in HUD and lane departure feature.

Other than that, no there is nothing special to look out for.

·
Registered
CTS-V
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cool. Thanks. Does the STS-V have an iPod jack? I read that it has rear seat A/V jacks, I wonder if I could hook it up that way?

No rear end issues or trans issues like the CTS-V to worry about???

·
Registered
none
627 Posts
Cool. Thanks. Does the STS-V have an iPod jack? I read that it has rear seat A/V jacks, I wonder if I could hook it up that way?

No rear end issues or trans issues like the CTS-V to worry about???
It has a VIDEO jack that you can plug your ipod into, it DOES NOT display on the video screen unless you are sitting still watching a video through the ipod and with the connection from the bottom of the ipod rather than the top. The connectors are at the rear of the console, inside it, but, are not for the rear seat passengers.

No rear end issues to speak of, kinda hard to blow them up with an auto trans.

·
Registered
Cadillac STS-V Black/Black
700 Posts
I find it much easier to just burn a MP3 cd than to connect my ipod as I miss the onscreen integration my other vehicle had. The center console is very small and with my ipod and cable charger hooked up you can hardly close the cover. In a pinch though it works.

·
Registered
CTS-V
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I originally was looking for a CTS-V but then found a couple STS-Vs in my price range. I know this is the STS-V forum, but anyone have an opinion or preference of Vs? The main difference to me is the manual vs. auto trans, but I have yet to find a STS-V close by to drive.

·
Registered
25,514 Posts
I originally was looking for a CTS-V but then found a couple STS-Vs in my price range. I know this is the STS-V forum, but anyone have an opinion or preference of Vs? The main difference to me is the manual vs. auto trans, but I have yet to find a STS-V close by to drive.

It depends upon what you're looking for in the car. The CTS-V is going to be a little more nibble and agile. But the STS-V is a much nicer car with its amenities from the 04-07 CTS-V and you shouldn't have to worry about shattering the differential. I liken it to the difference between a F-16 (CTS-V) and an F-14 (STS-V). :)

·
Registered
'04 CTS-V, '07 SRT8 Jeep, '86 Fiero
1,646 Posts
I know of one for sale for about $24k. I'm not positive but sounds like a good price.

·
Registered
2006 STS-V
55 Posts
I agree with CIWS, both great cars... but a completely different purpose. The only other things i'd like to add is the following: The CTS-V is just that, a base model cadillac with a big motor.... don't get me wrong, i love the car and with it being a cadillac it is still very nice. However the fit and finish reflects my opinion about it. The STS-V was created from scratch to compete with the german 'super-sedans', so there was a different purpose to the engineering put into it. Much nicer fit and finish, much like the competition it was created to compete with. However the one major downside i've found with the STS-V is the ability to modify. The CTS-V has a very commonly modified drivetrain, there are many parts avail. and many people know that drivetrain inside and out so it's easier to get it worked on. The sts-v however has a motor that was only in 2 production vehicles (STS-V and XLR-V) and even those two are different, and both were a very limited production car.

I guess in short my opinion on the matter would be first to ask what your purpose of this vehicle would be... if you want a wickedly fast caddy that you can mod as far as you want (within reason) then go with the CTS-V.... however if you want a very nice ride, but still want to be able to put to shame 90% of any cars you come against, and something that you will be keeping very close to if not factory, then the sts-v is your car. There are companies that can take your STS-V to crazy performance levels (D3 mainly), but you will be spending much more getting there than you would with the CTS-V.

my 2c.
Ben

·
Registered
Cadillac STS-V Black/Black
700 Posts
For pure speed CTS-V
For Pure Refinement STS-V Though the new 09 CTS-V is slightly more upscale than the older STS-V

CTS-Vs are pretty common sight but the STS-V is pretty rare sight so I feel pretty special driving one.

·
Registered
25,514 Posts
For pure speed CTS-V
For Pure Refinement STS-V Though the new 09 CTS-V is slightly more upscale than the older STS-V

CTS-Vs are pretty common sight but the STS-V is pretty rare sight so I feel pretty special driving one.

Stock for Stock the 04-07 CTS-V and STS-V are pretty close in 1/4 times, the STS-V actually usually edges out the win. Top speed the CTS-V is about 8 mph faster only because the STS-V is speed limited to 155mph by the ECM. If an owner has the limiter removed the STS-V is actually a top end faster car as the CTS-V's top end is around 163 MPH at the rev limiter of 5th gear. Our "local" German STS-V owner, harry, has had his up to 180 on the Autobahn. Where the CTS-V wins without question is manuerability and cornering capability, it's more nimble. But in comparison of amenities and features in the STS-V it wins hands down over the V1.

We're going to have another V meet here locally this weekend and odds are there will be more 09 CTS-Vs there than my lone STS-V :D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts