Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2004 CTS-V
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know of a thread that exists to illustrate what is needed to swap out the factory trans mount for the creative steel mount? I think I may take that out today and wanted to check my thoughts against someone else s experience to make sure I have everything I need.

I have searched and to date found nothing conclusive so if there is a thread out there let me know and I will link it to this request so that future searches will be able to locate it more quickly.

·
Registered
2005 CTS-V
58 Posts
I had it replaced at the garage as I didn't want to even bother doing it while lying on the ground. I know the mechanic disconnected the exhaust from the cats and that was enough clearance to remove the old mount and put the new one.

I also installed a CS mount after driving with an insert from another vendor. The insert caused pretty bad vibrations which annoyed me. So, good choice on getting the CS one!

·
Registered
2006 CTS-V
897 Posts
I installed mine on the garage floor without removing the exhaust at all. I think I took the rear hangers out and let it fall a bit, but I didn't unbolt any of it. IIRC, there was one bolt that was a real PITA to get at. But.. that's the name of the game.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts