Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Cad anyone please help me find a Servie bullitin on the Stiffeners/spacers for the CTS-V rear-end. I was trying to tell my Service Adviser of the bullitin,. he said he looked for it and never could find it. I find that hard to beleive, because I have raed it on this forum before.

·
Registered
05' CTS-V
3,718 Posts
This is the GM Document ID for them to look up

05-04-114-001A

should point them in the right direction....but to be honest your wasting your time..I had em in and had em removed, they squeak and don't do jack...your welcome to try though.

·
Premium Member
2005 CTS-V
8,363 Posts
Cad anyone please help me find a Servie bullitin on the Stiffeners/spacers for the CTS-V rear-end. I was trying to tell my Service Adviser of the bullitin,. he said he looked for it and never could find it. I find that hard to beleive, because I have raed it on this forum before.

Drivetrain - Wheel Hop on Full Throttle Acceleration
Bulletin No.: 05-04-114-001A
Date: July 18, 2005

Cause
In the rear of the CTS-V, a sub-frame is mounted to the body structure at four rubber-isolated points. These mounts were carefully chosen to achieve an effective combination of excellent handling, while retaining effective damping of road shocks and bumps. The force of the suspension rapidly occillating vertically (hopping) provides enough weight transfer (up and down) that these bushings, which normally compress to help isolate passengers from irregular road surfaces, may deflect or compress in sympathy to wheel hop.
Correction
Improving High Performance Suspension Characteristics
For customers who value very aggressive driving capabilities, a revised set of firmer rear sub-frame bushings are available that may provide an incremental improvement in reducing the tendency of the rear suspension to wheel hop. This is an improvement that will further extend the handling capabilities of the CTS-V - it will not remove the possibility of wheel hop in all situations.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts