Cadillac Owners Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
cts-v
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
yea im in need of new cats so was just thinking of doing a full exhaust headers back.
any suggestions on what brand i should go with
and if anyone knows of a shop in southern cali that does good works on V's
any help is great
thanks...

·
Registered
cts-v
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
looks good might have to get that, now just to find a place to order it. might just have to do it online i guess we will see..
whats your opinion on custom exhaust ive heard mixed reviews

·
Registered
CTS-V
92 Posts
I love Charlie/RPM they are a little far for me (i'm out in the IE)

Charlie built my supercharger LS2 and Im putting out close to 500 at the wheels. (most just forged internals) no headers, no smaller pulley, 5 pounds of boot.

CMS.is a good shop too

These are some of the best shops in socal for any LSx car or motor.

·
Registered
cts-v
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
in chino hills so IE...
im willing to take a drive to a shop that knows what they are doing im sick of these lame A$$ tuner shops acting like they kno a cts-v cause they build hondas all day

·
Registered
5 Posts
The only one I know of, I wouldn't send ya to unless you wanted to store your car there. :stirpot:
Those are serious project cars and frankly, since the owners of these projects are satisfied with the time and results, what's your point ? Just to stir the pot and trash someone's business - someone who should be a supporting vendor but clearly won't be when moderators are allowed to act in a reckless and possibly biased manner.

We have the largest and most complete LS performance shop on the West Coast - we have no issue being competitive on price and "normal" work is in and out in a "normal" time frame.

I don't think you have ever set foot in my facility so what's the issue?

Charlie Williams

RPM Motors

·
Registered
05 maggied CTS-V, 2017 NSX Whoo Hoo!
8,811 Posts
I have checked out your place and it is very nice.

I haven't said anything except the truth and if you don't like it or me, oh well, TRUTH HURTS I guess.

Don't cry to the site owner that I am discouraging you from becoming a supporting vendor either.

Ok, they are "project cars".

Modding any V is a project.

Why not disclose how long it took you for those "project cars"?

Anyone in their right mind would expect a good shop to be," competitive on price and "normal" work is in and out in a "normal" time frame."

Where did I say anything bout that?

You are just pissed that someone pointed out a flaw in your business and made sport of it.

·
Registered
CTS-V
92 Posts
I cant speak for other people, and im not trying to get in the middle of this but here is my experanice with RPM.

It was very well priced, from drop off to pick up was less then 6 weeks. and that was a full rebuild, and a few things that showed there nasty head along they way.

Charlie is one of the nicest guys in this industry and hands down the best tuner (every one I talk to says this) and his motors are very good. But they are his only weak spot. (and its not much of a weak spot imho)

·
Registered
05 Eforce LS3 V
802 Posts
I had an great experience with RPM, the first build was in and out quick, in about six weeks.

My eforce build was all R&D and most of the wait time was from Edelbrock taking a very long time to produce the custom parts.

At the end of the day the project was done right, with no short cut corners, everything thought out and built with quality and precision.

The whole reason I had to build this car is because another guy jacked up my car so bad, cutting corners and throwing things together fast, then tuned it to the point of blowing holes through the pistons. Ya he got the job done way quicker, but it cost me an entire engine, FAIL!!!

Rpm and Charlie, thank you for an amazing car.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts