Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Cadillac STS V8 AWD 1SG
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I'm looking into getting a new caddy preferred to get 1sg. I'm thinking 2008-2010 V8 AWD. Been looking everywhere bit can't seem to find on one online or at any of my local dealers. It's really like finding a needle in a hay stack I promise. Was wondering what you guys thought? Any ideas on where to find one and what's the best year to go with, I'm in a real conundrum!!!

·
Registered
Cadillac STS
1,213 Posts
that is going to be a rare find
The V8's seems to be more prevalent pre 2008
The STS was a brisk seller anyway in later years with the overwhelming majority opting for the V6
I would do a nationwide search ..or however far you are willing to go...on websites like traderonline.com

Warren

·
Registered
'06STSV(sold), '13 SHO
616 Posts
Yeah I only ever found one 1SG when I was looking 2 months ago, ended up being local right after I stumbled on my V. I searched entire country, TONS of 1SF cars out there, but the 1SG seems hard to find. Just have to be patient and check for new listings daily. Get yourself a subscription to Compnine so you can run VINs. Seller on the one I found did not list it as a 1SG if I recall, just loaded with NAV..

·
Registered
2008 STS4 V8 1SG Platinum Edition
606 Posts
Agreed, be patient. Stick to 08 or 09 as those are the only two years the 1SG had all available options. You can tell the 1SG by a cut out in the driver side dash for the HUD. Also the left steering wheel controls have the "GAP" + and - buttons for ACC. I looked for literally 4 months almost daily on cars.com and autotrader.com, craigs list as well. Searched nationwide as well. I found two at once and decided on the silver over the baby blue. Shipped it to my house and all is well!! Love it... Here's an 09 http://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/detail/626960242/overview/ but it is grossly overpriced. I would pay $20k max for this guy. It says it has factory backup camera but I don't think it was ever an option. I may question them on that... Here's another http://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/detail/628445485/overview/ more reasonably priced but again you could get them down another grand or two if lucky...

Good luck and let us know what you end up with!!

·
Registered
08 STS4 V8 1SG & 04 SRX4 V8 & 01 Monte SS
4,988 Posts
You can tell the 1SG by a cut out in the driver side dash for the HUD. Here's an 09 http://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/detail/626960242/overview/ but it is grossly overpriced. I would pay $20k max for this guy. It says it has factory backup camera but I don't think it was ever an option.
That's not correct. Just because it has HUD and Adaptive Cruise Control doesn't mean it is a 1SG. I believe it was an option for 1SF cars as well and the 1SG had it as an option.

This particular car is a Platinum model so has special door panels and dash and headliner.
It needs a driver side headlight replacement as the seals have broken and its collecting condensation. You are correct that it claims to have a backup camera from the factory but GM never sold the STS with one. The SLS (China market) however was able to come with one. I don't believe it is possible for it to have one at this time.

The blue one is more of a base model in comparison. It appears to lack the Tuscan leather option that was available on 1SG and part of the platinum package.

·
Registered
05 STS4
4,241 Posts
Ludacrisvp said:
That's not correct. Just because it has HUD and Adaptive Cruise Control doesn't mean it is a 1SG. I believe it was an option for 1SF cars as well and the 1SG had it as an option. This particular car is a Platinum model so has special door panels and dash and headliner. It needs a driver side headlight replacement as the seals have broken and its collecting condensation. You are correct that it claims to have a backup camera from the factory but GM never sold the STS with one. The SLS (China market) however was able to come with one. I don't believe it is possible for it to have one at this time. The blue one is more of a base model in comparison. It appears to lack the Tuscan leather option that was available on 1SG and part of the platinum package.
HUD was also available without ACC ONLY on the 08-11 1SC V6 models. V6 never got ACC nor did V.

·
Registered
606 Posts
Good call on the foggy headlamp. I didn't notice. I also don't see any evidence that it's a Platinum. The wheels are standard and I couldn't see the sill plates or rear emblem enough to tell. The headliner seems like an upgrade. The chrome pillars seem after market to me as well.

Anyway good luck hope you find what your looking for.

·
Registered
4,988 Posts
Thanks a lot I wish they just had the product codes from spare tire compartment so much easier that way. I like the blue quick question. Does acc mean no magnetic ride control? Which is better? And I found three candidates.

http://m.cars.com/vehicledetail/#vdp?listingId=620305449&year=2008&stkTyp=U&searchId=2180227000000000000000001424089669427&userId=2231323500000000000000001424088323694&mkNm=Cadillac&mdNm=STS&zc=48505&partyId=&positionKey=200522194010000048505
This silver one appears to also be a platinum model. And owned by someone that made some slight modifications to the car. Like adding a rear spoiler to an awd model and blacking out the aluminum stack on the center console (like I did for both). It looks like the best of the 3 options you recently listed. If you see the RPO list W21 = platinum model.

Having ACC means you have a HUD and a 4.6L V8. All 1SG have magnetic ride control.

·
Registered
4,988 Posts
Correct, while it is part of the 1SG package the spoiler and positraction limited slip differential (G80) are deleted as part of the AWD package and there is only one final drive ratio setup available 3.23:1. There is a small sales credit for the spoiler delete.
While those are the only things I can think of off the top of my head there may be others when you compare 1SG RWD and 1SG AWD.

The Platinum package has various options that are part of the standard 'W21' package but I've seen many examples where the wheels aren't the typical "platinum" wheels like this silver one has. There are dealers that will not give a second thought to doing a wheel swap between two cars to make a sale happen. I've been part of a sales deal where this happened... granted it was on a Suburban not a STS but it does happen. Basically it comes down to " I want this car and am willing to pay X for it but you'll need to swap the wheels with the other STS on the lot " or the buyer may have said I want the platinum rims on my STS and don't want/need 2 sets of rims so they "paid" for a set of the platinum rims and the dealer just did a swap between cars.
Maybe this type of thing won't happen now with the "new GM" but it did before.

·
Registered
2006 STS 1SF N* RWD NAV F55
705 Posts
When I bought my car, the listing said it had ACC, upon checking as it was an 1SF,
I brought it to the salesman's attention,as it did NOT, he declined to comment.
It gave me some leverage, to bring the price down to my level.
But I had already looked at over 100 STS's, and I was tired,
so a 1SF, "WAS" my next car.The RPO codes in the trunk are
your KEY to what the vehicle actually "HAS" !
Happy Motoring ! :cool2::cool2::cool2:

·
Registered
606 Posts
Any clue why the rear spoiler was deleted from the awd build? I plan to add one possibly in the spring.

·
Registered
05 STS4
4,241 Posts
stevenriz said:
Any clue why the rear spoiler was deleted from the awd build? I plan to add one possibly in the spring.
AWD less sporty?

05-06 were the only years available with AWD and factory installed spoiler. Mine has it.

·
Registered
606 Posts
some design guru has some reasoning behind it I'm sure. Credit was probably not much and it will cost a few hunge to buy one I imagine.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts