Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2005 CTS-V, 1994 Infiniti Q45
7,658 Posts
What is wrong with the stock? Enlighten me why someone would want a "performance radiator".

·
Registered
3,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
elwesso said:
What is wrong with the stock? Enlighten me why someone would want a "performance radiator".

just checking to see if it exists because i'm replacing the radiator soon as i get the dealer to replace my leaky water pump.

what about transmission cooler?

·
Registered
White Diamond 2001 STS
1,317 Posts
You can run any generic external transmission cooler, but I'd say it really isn't necessary, especially if you're not towing or putting it through severe service.

Lots of stop-and-go traffic in the summertime will heat up the fluid, but I think that's about it on a street car. Especially when the torque converter is engaged, the transmission fluid stays relatively cool and no harm is done.

I'd just use the OEM equipment. And personally, I wouldn't even fix what isn't broke (replacing the original radiator). If it's not overheating or giving you other symptoms, I'd leave it alone. But to answer your question, I don't think a "performance" radiator exists. Becool and other companies like that can make you a custom aluminum radiator, but then you're getting into some big bucks.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts