Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
CTS-V ORD Special Edition
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everybody.

I am looking to buy a CTS. I would like to get some input on what you think I should be paying from a dealer.

I am trying to find a 2006 with 40k miles or less (or at least still under the 50k factory powertrain warranty). I want a 3.6L, 6spd manual, lsd/stabilitrak, sunroof, heated seats. The bose system is preferable.

What do you think this would cost me? I went to a local dealer that goes to auctions and told them to find me one. Before I accept anything that they find for me, I would like to know what I should be paying.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
41,009 Posts
Go to Edmunds or KBB and price the car out. You'll be lucky to find a pre-owned that's exactly what you want, especially with a manual tranny. Good luck.

·
Registered
03 CTS 3.2L (Sold) / 09 CBR 600rr /2014 GMC Sierra
7,872 Posts
There aren't a lot of manual 3.6 6speeds...that will be the hard part to find,

·
Registered
CTS 05
716 Posts
although i agree that it may be difficult to find - i watched this program called the "secret" in which they believe that whatever you want you just have to act as if you already have it.

You sound pretty confident so you may just get what you want - LOL

nevertheless, good luck

i just realized i didn't answer the question of price but if i had to guess - $16-18k

·
Registered
Sedan de Ville, CTS
4,764 Posts
Keep in mind that historically, dealers have marked up used cars at least $4,000 or more over what they have paid. The $4,000 is a total of the dealer's expected expenses, which include:

dealer prep
salesman commission
sales manager commission
dealer profit
fudge factor (or $$ given up in negotiation)
risk (for unexpected repairs
other

Armed with the above info, other internet info, and bb info, you should be able to back into a price that you feel comfortable with. By the way, sometimes auction prices are very low; other days, dealers pay crazy prices.

Luck of the draw.

·
Registered
Cadillac CTS 05' 3.6L MANUAL
8 Posts
well, after a long search for the same as you, i settled for a 2005 3.6l manual w/out sunroof or bose or heated seats. it does have a newly installed corsa 4 tip exhaust system and cold air intake. It has 32k miles. and i love it.... all of these ammenities you want are easily added, except heated seats. the car when i bought had 1,400 miles. Rare and hard find. Man this is the best car to drive. I love the power , and awesome ride. I thoroughly enjoyed every mile driven. i was considering selling it and go for the "v". i was looking to sell for 14/15k. the car is near mint condition, only the best of anything in it, 93 octane gas only, garage kept. early oil changes, always waxed and clean. i have O.C.D.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts