Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
Chrome CTS LP, 04 Cluster, WW sidemarkers, lower mesh grille
1,425 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys....well finally got the check back from insurance and am now ready to look at purchasing. I really want to get a 3.6l manual cts....but I cant find any near my area. I have to buy something within 250-300 miles of my house. Is the 3.6 tuneable yet?? Anyone have any connections of maybe locating one around here?? My other options would be

Lexus IS 300
Mitsubishi Evo
Subaru STI

Out of these 4 I really want the cts...but if not I will prob get one of those others. Let me know if anyone knows of anywhere near tarpon springs that has a 3.6l for sale that is a manual. Thanks guys!!! I hope I can be back on these forums soon and not on the lexus ones :(

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I actually pretty much kept all exterior parts. Since the CTS is still in my running for my next car..(if I find one):worship: :worship:

So everything is still currently sitting in my garage. I still have the rear skirts and all but if i do get another cts...its def gettin installed. ughhh I really hope I find a 3.6l. Or else i have a feeling i will be driving the IS 300.

·
Registered
04 cadillac cts v
5,585 Posts
I actually pretty much kept all exterior parts. Since the CTS is still in my running for my next car..(if I find one):worship: :worship:

So everything is still currently sitting in my garage. I still have the rear skirts and all but if i do get another cts...its def gettin installed. ughhh I really hope I find a 3.6l. Or else i have a feeling i will be driving the IS 300.
so did you like that sunset blue one??

·
Registered
03, 3.2L CTS-SC
577 Posts
JONNY GOT AHOLD OF MY SISTER TOLD ME SHE ON HAS THE 2.8l MODELS, iM SEEING IF I COULD TALK TO MY GUY AT THE AUCTION TO HOLD A 3.6 CADDY IF IT COMES IN. SORRY IT TOOK SO LONG AND FOR THE CAPS

·
Registered
2006 CTS 2.8L
2,471 Posts
How much did they give you?

·
Registered
04 CTS SPORT/LUX W/NAVI LIGHT PLATINUM ON BLACK- COOL MODS!
1,313 Posts
How much did they give you?
Im curious too. My insurance company said that mine was worth 17k. And its an 04 3.6 automatic with every option. Didnt sound right. KBB retail is 24 and i figure trade-in is would be something like 18-19.

·
Registered
2004 Customized black on tan 3.6L CTS
5,147 Posts
Guys dont let the insurance company bend you over. I got 25k for my out of warranty 03 after my wreck last year. I had everything except nav.

Go out and find a couple equivelent models at a car dealership and tell them thats what it costs to replace.

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
THe insurance company gave me $19,400 for the car. IT was 03 with about 60,000 miles onh it. I really want to get a 04 badly instead of another car.

Nick has the 3.6l able to be tuned now??

03cts YEa I dont want the 2.8;l. Def the 3.6l but HAS TO BE manual. :thumbsup: I appreciate you trying to help me out as well!! Muchg appreciation!:worship:

Luv, the blue was nice...but it was auto...so it was a no go for me. Also was located in conn. I think my dad wants me to find something within florida. Thanks for the link tho!! :bouncy:

·
Registered
> BMUU
14,388 Posts
jonny only signs on once every few days... dont feel ignored, just send him a PM and he'll get it & get back to you the next time he signs on...

...if he doesnt respond to the PM box that appears as soon as he logs in... then... well...

·
Registered
2003 Cadillac CTS Luxury Sport
516 Posts
Why do you want a manual transmission? please don't say bc it's more fun to drive either. Well anyway, you'll realize you made a poor decision when you go to sell it. :banghead:

·
Registered
> BMUU
14,388 Posts
or if your ever in NYC traffic... :bighead:

·
Registered
Check out my CTS here: http://www.fquick.com/FL01SS
1,651 Posts
I've never seen an 04 or newer manual for sale around here.

·
Registered
2018 XT5 Black on Black
1,852 Posts
I believe you have to look at 05's with the manual to get the 3.6. I believe the 5 spd auto was the only 04 with the 3.6. The manual box was still the 3.2 or at least till very late in that model year. Might want to check that out.

·
Registered
Cadillac CTS-3.6
3 Posts
Johnny,
I live in Wesley Chapel currently but got my notice for a transfer to Dallas in 2 weeks. You can have my 2004 3.6 every option and I , mean every option for 25K You can not have my 2003 Cobra for any price. Let me know 813-383-3467
Dave

1 - 19 of 19 Posts