Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
Cadillac
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im willing to pay up to a max of 200,Looking for something used(junkyard etc is fine) the dealer prices are very expensive, let me know if you can help, thanks

Also needing to know what the cost of instillation is...

·
Registered
2006 3.6-Volant CAI, V-exhaust, LED swap, Clear DRL, 6000k
1,698 Posts
are the bulbs shot? you can swap them out for LEDs for about $20ish... there are a couple DIY threads explaining how to do it, im sure atleast one of them is referenced in the sticky

·
Registered
Cadillac
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
are the bulbs shot? you can swap them out for LEDs for about $20ish... there are a couple DIY threads explaining how to do it, im sure atleast one of them is referenced in the sticky
Thanks for the quick response andrew, I took the car to the shop and they said that the left part of the 3rd brake light was not working(the right side works fine) and they said in order for it to work i have to replace the whole thing , and they were quoting me up to 600 labor not included

·
Registered
Cadillac
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for the links...anyone in the northern virginia that can fix it for me ? Im horrible at these instructions? the 24 inch strips are very affordable and Im willing to pay for labor

·
Registered
2006 3.6-Volant CAI, V-exhaust, LED swap, Clear DRL, 6000k
1,698 Posts
there was a guy (i think in the CTS-V section) who was doing the LED swap for people. compared to a new OEM replacement it was cheap, compared to doing the LEDs yourself it was expensive, i think he was charging in the $250 range.. i remember Mike busting his chops a little lol

·
Registered
Cadillac
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
there was a guy (i think in the CTS-V section) who was doing the LED swap for people. compared to a new OEM replacement it was cheap, compared to doing the LEDs yourself it was expensive, i think he was charging in the $250 range.. i remember Mike busting his chops a little lol
im trying to pass inspection and thats the only thing holding me back...the prices are depressing....can you drop a link where i can get those DIY lights? from the search button i found that in 24 inch led strips?

·
Registered
03 CTS 3.2L (Sold) / 09 CBR 600rr /2014 GMC Sierra
7,872 Posts
hell ya i was...he took my walk through and started selling it... i left him alone when he became a authorized vender.
hell if i was fixing them for $250 i would be laughing...i just dont want the headache of 1 led burning out then having to re-do it because all the leds are imported....not the highest quality but they do the job and are bright!

·
Registered
2003 3.2 CTS Luxury Sport
60 Posts
I did the LED swap on my 3rd brake light....I had not a CLUE on what I was doing..but i followed as much instructions as I could from the DIYers on here.....and it came out great!!

Its a peice of cake once you get that damn lens cover off. That was my biggest problem and frustration. it is a MUST that you use a heat gun/ hairdryer....and ALOT of patience.

·
Registered
06 CTS Sport/Luxury package
9,858 Posts
Would be interested to purchase some of those LED lights or have someone rebuild mine for some cost. Let me knoiw I have a 2005 CTS that has the same problem and I am tryinbg to save every dollar in this economy. I am also in the same boat. Just moved to Missouri from Florida and they do 2 year inspections here and before I can get plates the third brake light has to work. So messed up! Any way can anyone help me. I think I might be able to do it myself but the link to the LED's has expired. Can anyone help me find them or help me get it rebuilt and replacesd. Would appreciate any help. Wouldn't be a bad business decision if someone started rebuilding old ones for a price.

Go Cadi

Am I missing something here?

KOT

1 - 10 of 10 Posts