Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking For 93-96 sts and questions.
How do I activate the codes and history ?
Is a 96 with high miles better tha a 93 with low miles ?
Is there a List of known problems that should have been repaired at "X" miles.
Things to watch out for and avoid.
Costly repair items.

Thanks alot, Bill

·
Registered
7,658 Posts
Welcome aboard, Bill.... Thanks for signing up :wave:

Get into self diagnosis by pressing OFF and WARMER until the dispay pops up (ignition on, doesnt need to be running).....

Basically, you want to look at the one with a better maintenance history..... Overall, id say the newer woudl be better, but not always.... Depending on the mileage differential, the lower mileage one might be better.... But the updated interior is tempting......

Common problems are mainly the headgaskets on the northstar.... There are some other not so common items also...

Spend time searching the forums and all will be revealed.....

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply, been reading all day, sounds like I need to make sure the heads have already been done, if not how much to do the heads ?
Bill

·
Registered
3,531 Posts
The head gaskets are going to be about $2500 to have replaced with timeserts added in the block.
The engines that have frequent antifreeze replacement and additive pellets used seem to do better at keeping the head gaskets intact.
And remember, they don't all go bad.

·
Registered
39 Posts
elwesso said:
Welcome aboard, Bill.... Thanks for signing up :wave:

Get into self diagnosis by pressing OFF and WARMER until the dispay pops up (ignition on, doesnt need to be running).....
I think my STS is missing the "WARMER" button unless by "WARMER you mean "^" as in the rocker button that increases or decreases the temp? I need to know.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Low miles always trumps age. You can never make up for lost miles.

That is still a difficult question, I have a 96 STS and from what I understand the 93's have bad transmissions.

·
Registered
7,658 Posts
stswillie said:
I think my STS is missing the "WARMER" button unless by "WARMER you mean "^" as in the rocker button that increases or decreases the temp? I need to know.
Yes.....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
About this Discussion
6 Replies
5 Participants
elwesso