Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
none
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What would you guys pay for this?? Any problems with these motors I should be worried about? Or anything else mechanical that typically goes bad on these cars?

2003 Cadillac Seville SLS...it has 102k and was just inspected in january of 2009...it is pearl white with tan leather interior...

Original MSRP: $45,986
NADA Retail price : $6,750
Kelly Blue Book Retail price : $6,965
Asking price $5,000

The car is very clean inside and out , no dents anywhere.
4.6L V8 Northstar(no leaks)
16" chrome wheels/tires..(9/32 in the front and 7/32 in the rear)
Front brakes half worn
New rear pads and rotors
Full synthetic oil changes
New air and fuel filters
Tir rod just replaced
Transmission flush just done
All power, heated seats/mirrors
Bose 10 speaker stereo

·
Registered
04 Deville, 11 DTS Premium, 00 Deville (sold), 02 Deville (sold)
2,688 Posts
Looks like a good price... good year as far as having any Head Gasket issues... don't know if I would have done a transmission flush... I'm a drain and fill man. Pull the codes on her per the sticky at the top of this board and post back what you find. Tell me where's she at and I'll snatch her up... just kidin'

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
71,106 Posts
If you can, take the VIN to a GM dealer in the middle of the afternoon (slow service time) and have a service writer pull the GM VIS for the car. All warranty, recall, and some GM service work. CARFAX is a voluntary reporting service, so it is essentially useless except for title transfers and emissions tests. ("Hey, Bubba, I smashed up the SLS and BillyJoe banged out the fender for me. Tell CARFAX, will ya ???")

·
Registered
none
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys..I was going to have my mechanic check it over..he said $25 he will go over the car for me..yea carfax is prob a waste

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
71,106 Posts
If your mechanic does a reasonable inspection and gives the car a good bill of health, "you're going to like the way you ride - I guarantee it" - to paraphrase a big clothier.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts