Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
None
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone I am looking into getting a 2010-2011 DTS and had a few questions. I am currently torn between a Premium and Platnum.

My only main contintion is that I want adaptive cruse control and magnetic ride
control and I do not know if it is possible to get the adaptive cruse on the primium or if you can add it?

Does the primium have magnetic ride control? I have not seen anything conferring this or saying That it does not have it.

Any information would be greatly helpful.

Thank you

·
Registered
2001 Seville STS, 1990 Seville (RIP), 1972 Sedan Deville
26,323 Posts
Only the platinum (or performance on older models) trim level has MRC. A car with MRC also has the stiffer FE3 suspension package, and a higher final drive ratio (3.71 instead of 3.11). You'll get a fairly significantly stiffer ride with a platinum, and a few less MPGs. Of course it handles a bit better and is a tad quicker, but if you're looking for a comfortable cruiser I'd go for the premium.

As for what options were available with each package, someone else will have to answer that.

·
Registered
2008 DTS PERFORMANCE GONE (R.I.P.)
1,160 Posts
From my experience, ( thumbing through hundreds of cars trying to find mine.) Adaptive cruise is hard to come by. Platinum, or performance I think will be your best bet for the adaptive cruise, but I think I've seen a premium lux III or two with that option. You'll have to do some searching... Take your time, it's out there... Happy hunting,

·
Registered
100 Posts
Here's the thing, the newest of these cars are now 4 years old. And a very small number of them had adaptive cruise. Every time you set option parameters, you reduce your available cars. Of course if you can shop with no rush, you may find adaptive cruise and a clean low mileage specimen. We wanted Lux III, and under 30K on the clock, 6 passenger, and we also wanted an '08 that had some options that we like before they were removed, such as the rear window shade and heated washer fluid. Good luck in your hunt, you may want to consider expanding your search area, we traveled 1500 mile and it was well worth it! The DTS is a really great car!

·
Registered
1990 Cadillac Seville 2003 Cadillac DTS 2010 DTS Platinum
538 Posts
My platinum didn't come with adaptive cruise, just look at the grille emblem if it looks like a plastic cover it has it

·
Registered
None
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the info, does anyone know if it is possible to add adaptive cruse to one? I know there would be several things that would have to be changed or added but if it is presided and on the computer for it I would be willing to look at that. I contacted a couple dealer service departments and they were not able to give me a straight answer.

Thanks

·
Registered
2008 DTS PERFORMANCE GONE (R.I.P.)
1,160 Posts
My guess is it would be a great expense to do. The list would begin....Gauge cluster as the adaptive indicator is in it, new grill (the adaptive sensor itself is costly). Then to wire it, program it, install the controls....The list probably goes on and on. If it's that important to you to have it I would seek one with it already. The above is not even to mention who you would get to do it...If anyone would touch the job. I wound not trust a shop or the dealer for that matter with the electrical system. Not an everyday item, I fear you would a test subject for someone trying their hand at it.

·
Registered
None
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Another question about adaptive cruse. How well does it do on mountain roads where say you might have a cliff that you may end up pointing at due to curves in the road? This may sway me away from it because almost every road I drive on for any distance is like that.

Thanks again everyone for all the helpful information.

·
Registered
100 Posts
You can download the owners manual for free, it specifically details the limitations of adaptive cruise. While I wish our Lux III had it, we got 98% of the content we wanted, and ultimately felt low miles and overall condition was more important to us.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts