Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
2015 ATS
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited by Moderator)
I am thinking about trading in my 2010 Camaro SS for a 2012 CTS-V
I just drove it and it is freakin insane fast.
It has 5,000 (Yes 5,000) miles on it, and one thing I noticed that the "Acura" dealership didn't mention was an AirRaid installed and Corsa on the tailpipes...
What would be a good price for this car? What other mods can I look for by eyeballing it?

I am thinking about trading in my 2010 Camaro SS for a 2012 CTS-V
I just drove it and it is freakin insane fast.
It has 5,000 (Yes 5,000) miles on it, and one thing I noticed that the "Acura" dealership didn't mention was an AirRaid installed and Corsa on the tailpipes...
What would be a good price for this car? What other mods can I look for by eyeballing it?

·
Registered
Gone; ‘09 V, ‘13 V coupe. Curr; ‘14 PG Vsport prem w/Kona interior
6,177 Posts
Without some more info it's difficult to answer your question.
Does it have Recaro's, sapele wood, sunroof?
Not that it matters, but is it a coupe, sedan, or wagon?
The Airaid and Corsa just saved you at least $1,500 you would have ended up doing anyway.

·
Registered
6,177 Posts
You only need to post in one place.

·
Registered
2015 ATS
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I wasn't sure it was kind of a general question about the price, and also about identifying mods.

·
Registered
2009 CTS-V , 2011 CTS-V Coupe, 2012 CTS-V Sedan, 2016 CTS-V
283 Posts
I would look at the3 up/lower pullies to see if they are the OEM stock. If not then someone has been pushing this motor beyond factory limits. Might have the a caddie tech take a quite look at it before you pull the trigger on this buy. A cold air system is a must on these cars if you want to hear the blower whine. The exhaust swap you mention will change the sound d for sure.

Mike P.

·
Registered
2015 ATS
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes it has recaro seats, wood trim on doors, sunroof raises up.
Black diamond paint. yellow calipers but shiney chrome rims.
Coupe

·
Registered
5,309 Posts
You can get it lower for sure. They probably raped the poor guy who traded it in. Probably gave him $37K to $39K for it. Offer them $40K and see what they say. They will start to counter you with their offer. Always good to start really low and if the price creeps up a bit, the deal is still considered to be decent.

·
Registered
6,177 Posts
$47k with those few miles would be a fair price here in VA. I would still try to get them down to $45k.
Depending on where you are located, the V's can vary +/- several thousand dollars.
The one you're looking at sounds like a possible "garage queen" that has had a pampered life.
Still, it's good advice with high performance cars like these to have it checked out to verify that it hasn't been tuned or otherwise modified that would jeopardize the warranty.

·
Registered
2015 ATS
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The dealer told me he checked and made sure the exhaust change didn't void the warranty. So should I ask the dealer to check on it or ask to take it to a different dealer?
I think I am going to offer 43 and see if they will take 45

·
Registered
6,177 Posts
The Corsa exhaust and Airaid CAI will not void the warranty. A tune can, at least partially, void the warranty. I would ask them to verify that it hasn't been tuned, even if that means they have to take it to a local Cadillac dealership to have it inspected. They may balk at that, but there have been folks who bought V's thinking they were stock only to find out later the car was tuned and they were denied warranty. Chances are that it has not been tuned. I would just want the peace of mind knowing.

·
Registered
14 Posts
benplace said:
I wasn't sure it was kind of a general question about the price, and also about identifying mods.
Not that this gives you any baring on price but I'm from Canada and I purchased a 09 V 6 speed standard (which I wanted) for just over $50,000 and that's par for the course up here! Lots of automatic cars, but hardly no wagons or standards, kinda to bad cause there's a huge demand here for them!
But non the less that should make you feel pretty good about what you should be spending if you decide to pull the trigger haha!

·
Registered
5,309 Posts
All any Cadillac dealer has to do is flash the PCM with the latest calibrations/updates if any are available and that will remove any aftermarket tunes. This will prevent dealers from voiding your warranty. This has been known to happen, so before you take possession of the car, have the PCM flash the PCM. This is if you do end up buying it. Best advice I can give you.

·
Registered
2013 CTS-V wagon M6, 2011 GMC Sierra CCSB 6.2L, 2004 GTO
371 Posts
All any Cadillac dealer has to do is flash the PCM with the latest calibrations/updates if any are available and that will remove any aftermarket tunes. This will prevent dealers from voiding your warranty. This has been known to happen, so before you take possession of the car, have the PCM flash the PCM. This is if you do end up buying it. Best advice I can give you.
well, this is terrible advice.....you would never want to just flash over an aftermarket tune without checking to see what pulley mods have been done first. If you have a smaller pulley and possibly other mods, and put a stock tune on there, you will most likely ruin the engine in short order. Very few people are going to get a custom tune with just an intake and catback, but sure if that is all that is modified on the car - a factory tune would be fine. And if a Cadillac dealer takes the car in, and hooks it into the system, the moment it sees that an aftermarket tune is on there it will be flagged for having one, even if they go back to a stock tune. Who knows, the car might already be flagged. If I were you, and you are worried about the warranty, I would stay away.

·
Registered
2012 CTS-V CRM Coupe (Airaid Intake & Corsa), 2011 Z06/Z07
285 Posts
Definitely have it checked regarding the tune. Contrary to popular belief, once the PCM is unlocked, flashing it back to the stock tune can be traced and "could" be an issue under certain circumstances.

·
Registered
2015 ATS
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I am heading there in a half hour I am going to ask them to either take it somewhere to verify nothing has been done to void the warranty or give me something in writing that they will honor the warranty.

·
Registered
2013 CTS-V wagon M6, 2011 GMC Sierra CCSB 6.2L, 2004 GTO
371 Posts
I am heading there in a half hour I am going to ask them to either take it somewhere to verify nothing has been done to void the warranty or give me something in writing that they will honor the warranty.
They are an Acura dealer....even if they wrote you out something, it means nothing to GM Cadillac....good luck getting Acura to pay for anything down the road. They might say to the best of their knowledge the car's original warranty is intact, because they do not know what pulleys have or have not been changed - they have no way to check that at the Acura place. If you take it to Cadillac, they might check it out for a price, but you might have the car flagged by doing that in the GM computer if it does have a tune. Remember, tell them not to overwrite the current tune though, this is not your car yet. If they do overwrite it, and it had an aftermarket tune do to mods/pulley change - you might be liable for the engine when it expires to to a lean condition when you get into full boost the first time.

·
Registered
6,177 Posts
Update?

·
Registered
2015 ATS
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I pulled the trigger and couldn't be more happy. I had it examined by the local dealer and they verified nothing voided the warranty. The first drive with no one else in the car and that supercharger kicked in... I knew I made the right choice, it's like a damn rocket. I got them down to 43, 30k out the door with my trade. Not bad for a CTS-V with 5,000 miles. Thanks everyone here for all your help and suggestions.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts