Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
CTS
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I have a Thunder Grey 2009 CTS 3.6 DI AWD sedan and just love the car. Today I came across a 2010 Black Raven AWD Premium Wagon with 2600 yes 2600 one owner miles. The car is in reasonable shape with only a few little dings that I could find and a clean car fax. Its sitting on a GMC/Buick dealers lot with 21 months of factory warranty left for $36,900 asking price. Looking at book values Edmunds is at $32k and NADA is at $36k. What's all your opinions of value and the car in general. If I purchase the car it will be a daily driver for my wife as I'm keeping my sedan! I'm thinking about offering $30k with a bit a room to move up but trying to get a better idea on what is a good bargain.

·
Registered
2011 Cadillac CTS Coupe
25 Posts
2600 miles and a few dings? There must be a pretty good story behind this car. I have a used 2011 CTS Coupe with 27,000 miles and no dings. I would be very curious as to where this car has been.

·
Registered
CTS
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The dings are curb rash on both wheels on the passenger side. The story is legit and it is a clean car, just sat around for almost a year before they decided to part with it. I guess what I really need to know for those that have bought recently are these cars pulling book value such as NADA or Kelly Blue book or going for less?
Thanks

·
Registered
CTS AWD Sportwagon
93 Posts
I own the same wagon you are considering, and I really like the car. I don't know if I would pay top dollar for a non-certified wagon. Especially, if the wagon is going to be an orphan.

·
Registered
2010 CTS Wagon Premium AWD
6 Posts
Just for comparison's sake, I've just bought a 2010 3.6 AWD Premium Wagon with 35k miles with the CPO warranty through 2016 for $28.5k. The dealership is cleaning up a few things on it for me, so it'll be showroom clean. I know that it's hard to do apples to apples here, but this might help give you an idea of the market (in Chicago, anyway). I looked at several in the midwest, and all the asking prices were within a 10% of one another.

Good luck.

·
Registered
CTS
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks WagonTail, that info gives me a good starting point. Looking at book values you bought below which gives me the ability to walk away without the car buying emotions that usually mess me up much easier!

·
Registered
'14 CTS-V LongRoof; '16 ATS-V Sedan,' 04 Trailblazer 4x4; '10 CTS LongRoof gone but never forgotten
15,239 Posts
I bought mine one year ago, Performance nicely optioned. 2010 with under 30k on the clock. I paid $29k for her from the Caddy dealer.

12,821 Posts
Citabria, I see you've been getting forum input from others and just wanted to let you know we're available if you would like the build sheet for a particular 2010 wagon! Private message us anytime with the last eight of its VIN, and we're happy to investigate on your behalf.

Best,

Katie
Cadillac Customer Service

·
Registered
'14 CTS-V LongRoof; '16 ATS-V Sedan,' 04 Trailblazer 4x4; '10 CTS LongRoof gone but never forgotten
15,239 Posts
Just for comparison's sake, I've just bought a 2010 3.6 AWD Premium Wagon with 35k miles with the CPO warranty through 2016 for $28.5k. The dealership is cleaning up a few things on it for me, so it'll be showroom clean. I know that it's hard to do apples to apples here, but this might help give you an idea of the market (in Chicago, anyway). I looked at several in the midwest, and all the asking prices were within a 10% of one another.

Good luck.
Nice. Now it's time to change the info under your Avatar! You an official member!

·
Registered
2010 CTS Wagon Premium AWD
6 Posts
Nice. Now it's time to change the info under your Avatar! You an official member!
As soon as I take delivery. I don't want to count my chickens, so to speak. I haven't even ordered the hitch yet.

Ironically, the last time I bought a CTS, it was a 2007 the week that they annunced the change in body style.

·
Registered
CTS
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks Tinman, I offered 30k which was my high end limit for what I thought I should pay. They are stuck at 33,800 so it gets to sit on their lot!

·
Registered
15,239 Posts
There are other fish in the sea. Check out Autotrader.com and Cars.com

1 - 12 of 12 Posts