Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi Guys,

I was hopeful that you'd chime in with some advice on the codes I pulled from a prospective car. It's an '03 STS.

All codes were history codes.

b1327 - Voltage Below 9v showed up numerous times
All Uxxxx codes that displayed were related to communication loss with DIM or VCM or RTM or DBM
I assume this is because of the voltage drop.
u1300 - Class 2 Short to Ground

I'm worried there's a network communication problem with this car....

Other Codes

B1324 - A/C Refrigerant Overpressure

Would over pressurizing the A/C cause damage?

B2355 - Driver Front Vertical Sensor Malfunction
B2365 - Driver Rear Vertical Sensor Malfunction

To do with stabilitrack?

B1327 - Device Power Circuit Low

No Clue!

B3832 - Window Position Sensor Circuit
B3833 - Window Position Sensor Circuit

Probably to do with the express up widows needing to be calibrated and normal?

Are any of these cause for major concern? They are all history codes, before I buy I plan to clear them and take it for a long test drive and see if any resurface.

Any and all advice is appreciated, anything else I should check on an 03 STS?

Huge Thanks!

·
Registered
94 Eldorado, and a 99 ETC
3,887 Posts
Well since you had the low voltage code, I would recommend that you simply ignore the other codes untill you figure out what caused the low voltage. When the system voltage drops below 9 volts all of the modules can't work properly and will give out random codes.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm headed back tomorrow to take a second look at it, so I guess that I'll investigate the battery further. Could even be a loose battery cable I guess.

Any other advice or things to check that could be causing the problem?

Thanks!

·
Registered
1992 STS / 2005 MB G500 / 2003 STS / 2006 XLR-V
11,694 Posts
A bad battery or low voltage will wreak havoc with the cars electrical system and electronics. All of those codes are not of concern unless they return.

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
69,114 Posts
If the car sits on a lot or in the garage for several or more days without being started, there's a very good chance the sensors will throw a low-voltage code during a high amperage-voltage draw during cold start. If you sit in the car with key in RUN and interior lights on, the low voltage code may set from some modules. Not a big worry. The OEM battery should have a good year or two left. Not sure about the A/C pressure...if history, it may just be a transient. The window circuits will reset if you hold the rocker down for three seconds after the function (up or down) is complete. The vertical sensor can throw a code if the vehicle is on a frame lift and the key is turned to RUN. Is this from a GM dealer? If so, have them pull the GM service/recall history from the GM database, using the vehicle VIN. CARFAX is practically worthless as it shows only a registration trail and any other info is from purely voluntary owner input. Do the tires (oem or replacement???) match the size sticker on the driver's door? (Size, load, speed rating?) Does the treadwear look about right for the speedo mileage? Water in the spare tire well? Do your homework.......Spend tonight searching the Seville threads....

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I got the full warrenty service history from a GM dealer...this guy was meticulous with it, always in on time, even had light bulbs (map, turn signal etc) done by the dealer. The only code's in now concerned with is the AC overcharged code and the short to ground code...

Any more advice is great!

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
69,114 Posts
:thumbsup: Buy it, clean it up, maintain it, DON'T baby it, and, most of all, have fun. That car will run like a striped ape and turn heads for many years.......Dig through these pages and threads....there's more good dope here than you can ever assimilate.......BTW....send us pix !

1 - 8 of 8 Posts