Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 116 Posts

·
Registered
04 CTSV 500rwhp, 96 FTS-V T56 previously, 95 T56 Impala SS
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

A HUGE thanks to Mike and Jon for all their help today!!!! I did a little bit, but they did the majority of the work! :D I definately could not have done it without them!

Started at 9am. Done by 6. :) All in a ways work. :)

I still have a few odds and ends to tie up, but you're now looking at the world's first T56 Caddy Fleetwood!!!!! :cool:

Oh, and it's a BLAST to drive!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,622 Posts
so when do we get to see the shifter and center consol??

·
Registered
407 Posts
Hey, did I get this right? Your Fleetwood now has a stick?!!

If so, I guess BMW can no longer claim that their Fives are the only four door, vee-eight, rear-wheel, standard transmission cars in the world.

·
Registered
122 Posts
All in an afternoon? That's impressive. Can you post more pictures of the installation? I'd love to hear more about it. Congrats, and enjoy that ride.

Scott

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey Guys,

Sorry it took me so long to repost... I've been busy...uh... DRIVING!!!!!!!

Heh heh...

Thanks for all the props guys! This is by far the MOST AWESOME mod you can do. It TOTALLY transformed the way the car drives!!! YEEEEEEEEEE-HAAAAAA My plates REALLY fit now! :D

Can you tell I'm excited? ;)

See my website for more pics. Here's a link to the T56 Swap page.

I'm undecided on a console now. I was pretty gung ho about getting one, but now I really like where the shifter comes up. There's plenty of room in front of the seat. I'm going to get a Hurst boot and run it like that for a while to see if I like it...

I'll take more pics once she's all buttoned up.

·
Registered
2005 CTS-V, 1994 Infiniti Q45
7,658 Posts
Sweet!!! Im sure that makes that big hoss a demon :mad:

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
How about this?

I'll take some more pics of the interior after I get it all buttoned up. :)

(I'm actually kind of surprised this didn't make more of a splash here... :confused: :disappoin )

·
Registered
1984 Fleetwood Brougham coupe
1,576 Posts
still in a state of shock :eek:

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hah hah. That's funny. :) Everyone's in a state of shock. :)

Well, if the weather holds out, I'll have some numbers from the track tomorrow! :D

·
Registered
6,471 Posts
I seriously doubt the 6-speed is going to give you any better ET's. Matter of fact, unless you put some slicks on it, you may have a problem getting a decent 60'. Unfortunately, these cars are rather limited as far as rear tire room so I'm sure you'll have no problem breaking traction with the manual trans. That's the main reason I never changed my torque converter, I'm already able to break the tires loose at the line so there's no reason to give me more power to launch with unless I can increase my car's ability to handle it.
Then I'm thinking that with the engines broad powerband, all the shifting isn't needed to help keep it on the pipe since the pipe's so wide. Usually a 6-speed is behind a more "peakie" motor and is there to help keep it in it's powerband.
I'll be very interested to see how it plays out.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
well... I didn't exactly build it as a drag car, Kev. :) It's an all around daily driver that occaisionally makes it to the track. For that purpose, the T56 suits me just fine. :) (And I can't WAIT to autocross it this year!!!!!)

Besides, at the track, I run it how I drive it. No airing down the tires, no taking off the belt, no icing the intake, none of that BS. It runs at full weight and in full street trim. :)

To me it means more to get a good time that way anyways. :)

But I'll keep you posted on how it does.

·
Watching the Watchers
5,959 Posts
If it was all about ET's you may not have started with a fleetwood in the first place. I think its awesome, definitely a one of a kind.

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
You don't even want to know what I think!

·
Registered
6,471 Posts
I definately agree with running the car in FULL STREET trim. That way I know what it'll do at any given moment. I don't want to know that in order to get the same times, I have to do a half-hours worth of work. I do lower the tire pressure slightly though. Plus I figure that if I pulled a 14.5 WITHOUT doing anything special, that means that I still have some better times possible with a couple more little things like pulling the belt, fresh set of plugs, better fuel, etc.

And I'm sorry if I incorrectly assummed that you were doing these mods for better performance. I could swear I remember you making statements about how these mods would be making the car much faster/quicker. If not, sorry.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Kevin, I have modded it for performance, you;re right. But not all for straight line stuff. :) Where's the fun in that? :D

KC... Why don't I want to know what you think? :confused:

1 - 20 of 116 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.