Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Administrator
2002.5 F55 CORSA STS, 2014 Explorer XLT FWD
71,116 Posts
Don't forget that CARFAX is a voluntary reporting database. Better to take the VIN to a friendly GM dealer on a quiet early afternoon and have the service desk pull the GM VIS on the car. That will give you all the recall, warranty, and possibly some in-house GM service history.

·
Registered
none
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Carfax is very useful, but as you point out it's only as good as the info that gets fed into it.

Took the VIN to the local Caddy dealer, they ran it in the VIS. The car had some work done under warranty, the items I recall are ignition cylinder, plug coil or two, crank (or throttle) position sensor, a few other seemigly minor items I don't remember. Point is, the VIS showed nothing major issues, like tearing into the engine or tranny.

Might go look at it today, take it for a spin. I'm somewhat mechanically inclined and know when a motor sounds bad, but is there any special advice for "diagnosing" this engine? Test drive tips for the SLS?

·
Registered
1969 Cadillac Deville, 1997 Cadillac Seville STS
64 Posts
Check the codes as soon as you hop in for a test drive, write them down and take them home with you.

Void4ever

1 - 5 of 5 Posts