Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
2016 ATS-V, Crystal White, Carbon fiber, Recaro's, Luxury
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been a while but I Still Love this car. :cool:
Getting ready to take the V from here in Jersey down to Destin beach Florida, then over to New Orleans, back to Destin and then home.
Bypassing D.C. and Atlanta traffic I am going down 81, 75, 59 cutting through Hagerstown, Roanoke, Knoxville, Chattanooga, Birmingham, Montgomery.
Love being on the open highway with this car instead of the congested traffic I usually commute in daily.

·
Registered
2018 XT5, 2008 Corvette C6 Coupe, 2013 LTZ 3500 Dually, 2016 Chevy LTZ, Z71 crew cab, 2016 ATS V Cou
66 Posts
That does sound like a good road trip. I'm going to Memphis in early May and then over to Jackson, Ms. in late May. Hoping for good weather.

·
Registered
2017 ATS-V Coupe
153 Posts
I escaped Hurricane Irma by driving the V from South Florida to Pennsylvania. I-95 from north Georgia to North Carolina was a parking lot - 5 mph stop-n-go traffic. The ATS-V came thru like a champ. Engine never overheated and clutch never faded. I was impressed.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Just went to LA and back from Phoenix. Great car on the freeway, very comfortable. I was concerned over the lack of a spare. I hope I never have to try out the sealant and pump. What a pain. I could buy a spare, but then where will I put my golf clubs and luggage?

·
Registered
2016 Vector Blue Auto ATS V Sedan
53 Posts
Sounds like a great trip. I’m new to the V and haven’t had the chance to stretch her out. Curious how the Recaros feel after several hours. I’m 6’3” 185 and do get stiff after a half hour.

·
Registered
2015 ATS 2.0T (gone), 2016 ATS-V, 1968 Corvair, 1974 Corvette, 2003 HD Road King
331 Posts
Sounds like a great trip. I’m new to the V and haven’t had the chance to stretch her out. Curious how the Recaros feel after several hours. I’m 6’3” 185 and do get stiff after a half hour.
I bought the non-recaro's because they were uncomfortable to me (too tight). I'm 6'4: and pushing 240

·
Registered
2016 ATS-V, Crystal White, Carbon fiber, Recaro's, Luxury
223 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
My Fiance is 6'4" and around the same weight and he loves the Recaros on long drives.
He wouldn't drive my previous ATS on long drives due to not being comfortable in the seats.

·
Registered
'16 ATS-V MT6 Sedan, Alfas: '67 Duetto, '84 GTV6 3.5L 24v/Vette C5 project
548 Posts
Having learned from past experience (a 2010 cross country trip that peppered my fairly mint Alfa Romeo 164's nose with a bunch of rock chips) I had an 'invisible bra' installed on my ATS-V before taking a ~6200 mile ToD trip last Spring. It did a great job of protecting the car, and made it so much easier to wash off the bugs and road grime at the end of each day.

·
Registered
2016 ATS-V
647 Posts
Been a while but I Still Love this car. :cool:
Getting ready to take the V from here in Jersey down to Destin beach Florida, then over to New Orleans, back to Destin and then home.
Bypassing D.C. and Atlanta traffic I am going down 81, 75, 59 cutting through Hagerstown, Roanoke, Knoxville, Chattanooga, Birmingham, Montgomery.
Love being on the open highway with this car instead of the congested traffic I usually commute in daily.
Don't forget, radar detectors are illegal in Virginia.:stirpot:

·
Registered
2016 ATS-V sedan 6 speed manual
347 Posts
I've been known to just place my V1 on top of the console in VA. Won't get laser but I don't know that it's in use in VA. Radar bounces around enough to be semi-useful.

Or travel in the middle of a pack...

·
Registered
ATS-V Coupe, SRX 3.6
349 Posts
Don't forget, radar detectors are illegal in Virginia.:stirpot:
Yeah I take never take mine down, I live in a state where they are legal, so I just play the "oh I'm sorry I wasn't aware it wasn't legal here" and usually you just put it away and the officer won't care.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Be careful in that Commonwealth of Virginia. Anything over 80 mph or 20 mph over the posted speed limit will result in a reckless driving summons . This means you must appear in court , or hire an attorney. And the cops in Virginia are real Ball Buster's, they'll write a ticket even f you are on the job somewhere else. Its considered a felony , the same as a DUI. A friend of mine briefly hit 82 mph to get around someone going slow in the left lane near Richmond. There was nothing reckless in what he did (light traffic). And my friend is an active trooper in NYS , this loser cop in an unmarked silver Malibu wrote him up . And then you get bombarded with letters from attorneys wanting to represent you. It's a real money maker for that state. And keep in mind that if you have a radar detector that a cop sees, you will get a ticket for that, even if it was turned off.

·
Registered
2016 ATS-V
647 Posts
Be careful in that Commonwealth of Virginia. Anything over 80 mph or 20 mph over the posted speed limit will result in a reckless driving summons . This means you must appear in court , or hire an attorney. And the cops in Virginia are real Ball Buster's, they'll write a ticket even f you are on the job somewhere else. Its considered a felony , the same as a DUI. A friend of mine briefly hit 82 mph to get around someone going slow in the left lane near Richmond. There was nothing reckless in what he did (light traffic). And my friend is an active trooper in NYS , this loser cop in an unmarked silver Malibu wrote him up . And then you get bombarded with letters from attorneys wanting to represent you. It's a real money maker for that state. And keep in mind that if you have a radar detector that a cop sees, you will get a ticket for that, even if it was turned off.
Yes, even on sections of I-95 where the speed limit is 70, going 10MPH over the speed limit is "reckless" driving. 70+10=80MPH. This is why I have my speed limit warning set at 78MPH.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts