Cadillac Owners Forum banner
141 - 160 of 160 Posts

· Premium Member
2012 CTS 3.6 AWD
3,217 Posts
Nope. Run all seasons. I'm driving up from nc on the 20th and driving back on the 5th. Any days in between with snow I'm not driving. Plus the roads get plowed pretty good. Also I'm rolling the dice that the weather will be good for the trips in and out. If not I'll adjust to the right or left to avoid it.

· Registered
2008 STS-V
259 Posts
Guy.Seminerio said:
Nope. Run all seasons. I'm driving up from nc on the 20th and driving back on the 5th. Any days in between with snow I'm not driving. Plus the roads get plowed pretty good. Also I'm rolling the dice that the weather will be good for the trips in and out. If not I'll adjust to the right or left to avoid it.
I hear you. I have an extra set of tires with winter rubber. I plan on putting them on in a week or so. With this weather around here you just never know. hoping for a dry winter. LI is pretty far from my house. Otherwise I'd show up tomorrow.

· Registered
2005 Cadillac STS Northstar V8
247 Posts
arw1510 said:
Who's got the V on Beverly rd in farmingdale? Drive by almost everyday. Then also see mangano's son with one at Hofstra. Good to know where your tax $ is going
lol that kid is on his second V already had a black one now he's in a white one, Mangano has quite a car collection himself

· Registered
Cadillac
1,044 Posts
I witnessed a crack dealer in a V, by the train station. This V was sitting on a major road way, I park my V behind him. I'm gathering my hat and gloves, and a guy walks up to the V in front of me, and is chatting with the driver. So I walk up, figured I'd do some V talk with the guy; and I interrupted a drug deal !!!!!! They both looked at me very strangely, and it was obvious I did not belong there. I just said excuse me, and continued on my way.

Lesson learned: Don't assume another V driver is on the up & up ..........................................

· Registered
CTSV, Denali
398 Posts
Now that the snow is gone. I'm driving V again. It's amazing I haven't lost my license yet. 100 MPH just happens all too easy, and it feels like 55. Any good lawyer references ??
I have a great guy if anyone needs. pm me. I was out over the weekend in the V, had some fun on the wantgh parkway. only bad thing is some much dirt and crap on the road if your not ahead of the other car your getting blasted.

I passed a state park cop just as I started to brake from a nice roll. I was blocked by some trees but theres no way he didnt see me MOVING. He must of been in a good mood.

· Registered
CTSV, Denali
398 Posts
They have full authority over the state parks and roads. I am friends with an MTA cop. He says cars disrespect him all the time and blow past him thinking he doesnt give tickets. Then he lights them up. I was on the phone with him once and he says I gotta go, Im about to ruin someones day. LOL

· Registered
None
525 Posts
They have full authority over the state parks and roads. I am friends with an MTA cop. He says cars disrespect him all the time and blow past him thinking he doesnt give tickets. Then he lights them up. I was on the phone with him once and he says I gotta go, Im about to ruin someones day. LOL
I know they have the authority and I wouldn't intentionally disrespect any LEO. That being said, that's why we have lawyers. I haven't been had a moving violation on my record for over 10 years.

By the way, Ocean Parkway between Robert Moses and WSP is also a nice stretch, especially in winter when traffic is light.

· Registered
1981 Eldorado 4-6-8, 2011 CTS-V
1 Posts
'11 V coupe Raven Black, since Aug last year ... Islip area - all the posts from LI and yet I haven't seen another V on the road, glad to see I'm not the only one on the Island that appreciates what happens when we hit the "go" pedal on one of these beasts. I'm in for any meets/cruises.

141 - 160 of 160 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.