Cadillac Owners Forum banner
101 - 120 of 160 Posts

· Registered
8 Posts
Do any of you guys know this car? I have been negotiating on it for about last week and I am starting to second guess it. It has some mods like an exhaust and blacked out taillights. I just noticed the plugs on the front bumper and when looking out the website saw that it originally came with polished wheels. Because of all of these little changes I'm starting to wonder if maybe this car was monkeyed with with long more before it eventually made its way to the dealer. Unfortunately I'm out of state and I'm trying to find the car that meets my requirements from a distance. I'm thinking of walking.

Looking for your opinions.

http://www.northbaycadillacbuickgmc..._V_Sedan-CTS_V_Sedan-Great_Neck-NY/1977170603

· Registered
2009 CTS-V
55 Posts
The plugs are for a license plate NY is a two plate state.

exhaust and tail lights blacked out are a freebie when buying used. Ask for a photo of the engine bay and see if it has a cold air intake. Where are you from? I am about 20 minutes from this dealership I can stop by next time im close and take a look around it for you.

· Registered
8 Posts
For some reason I thought the license plate holder did not drill through the bumper but I was wrong. If you are by there in the next week or so please stop by and let me know what you think. I am trying to lock down a car in the next week so that I can make arrangements to fly out and drive it back at the end of the month.

· Registered
2011 CTS-V Black Diamond 6MT sedan
6 Posts
Hey guys. I am a new owner of a 2011 Black Diamond V. I live over in St James. Love the car! Someone traded it in to a CT dealer with only 8900 miles, and I picked it up. Completely flawless and saved me 25k over a new one! I am going to lurk a bit in the forums here and get a feel for the Cadillac community, but just saying Hi. I will post some pics of the car when it is light out. EDIT: It is a 6 MT

13,031 Posts
Hey guys. I am a new owner of a 2011 Black Diamond V. I live over in St James. Love the car! Someone traded it in to a CT dealer with only 8900 miles, and I picked it up. Completely flawless and saved me 25k over a new one! I am going to lurk a bit in the forums here and get a feel for the Cadillac community, but just saying Hi. I will post some pics of the car when it is light out. EDIT: It is a 6 MT
Congratulations!

I know you're certainly excited! We can't wait to see pictures!

William R.
Cadillac Customer Care

· Registered
2011 CTS-V sedan HIS, 2012 CTS4 coupe- Her's
317 Posts
i had the guys at King Orourke do it, they did both my cts' s and they were flawless. I know they use an outside shop but whoever they use does great work.

I always used to use the guy in amityville but the last 2 cars both had very obvious flaws that annoyed me he would give me the car back and they didnt even bother to clean off the door panels from the spray they use. Very annoyed at the whole thing.

When getting cheaper prices specify TRUE lifetime tint not 5 year tint, and obviously one piece rear window

· Registered
2005 Cadillac STS Northstar V8
247 Posts
I ended up going to Joe in great neck. He owns The Tint shop. He was a really nice guy really knowledge and good at what he does. He finished the car in just about an hour and he did a great job.

· Premium Member
2012 CTS 3.6 AWD
3,217 Posts
Currently in NC, but next time I'll be taking the car up to NY will be this winter during the last two weeks of December for leave. After that, I get out of the army in June of 2014 and will move back to Queens. Whitestone to be exact. If you guys are willing to do something a little before Christmas I'm in there. On another note, my local dealer will be North Bay. My dealer here in NC sucks. How are you guys' experience with North Bay?

13,031 Posts
I use Sarant in Farmingdale. The SM's could be a bit friendlier but they always do right by me and every issue I have had has been resolved to my satisfaction.
Glad to hear this RGaret. I am happy when I am informed of customers being satisfied with their dealerships and knowing their vehicle issues get resolved.

Laura M.
Cadillac Customer Care

101 - 120 of 160 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.