Cadillac Owners Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2011 ESCALADE ESV
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This may be a stupid question but could I get a car audio bussiness to sell and install a Lockpick? If so what would they charge. I live in central Florida and we have alot of audio stores. Finding a good one might be the problem. Does anyone have anyone the've used?

·
Registered
2007 Cadillac Escalade EXT
115 Posts
i was thinking of doing the same thing, id rather have a shop instal my lockpick, they would no doubt guarantee it and not break any clips in the dash. Cant be more than 100 bucks to have it fully installed. If theyre real good i bet they could find a way to bypass the dvd/motion safety feature.

·
Registered
2014 Cadillac CTS VSport
2,318 Posts
i was thinking of doing the same thing, id rather have a shop instal my lockpick, they would no doubt guarantee it and not break any clips in the dash. Cant be more than 100 bucks to have it fully installed. If theyre real good i bet they could find a way to bypass the dvd/motion safety feature.
A lockpick is a very easy DIY installation and I have installed around 20 for friends and family and we have sold 100's to customers that installed them themselves. I would not pay anyone to install it when you can easily do it yourself. However if you are concerned go to any car stereo / car alarm shop and they should do it for you for less than $50 and they will be done in 15-20 minutes max.

·
Registered
2019 Escalade Premium
289 Posts
A lockpick is a very easy DIY installation and I have installed around 20 for friends and family and we have sold 100's to customers that installed them themselves. I would not pay anyone to install it when you can easily do it yourself. However if you are concerned go to any car stereo / car alarm shop and they should do it for you for less than $50 and they will be done in 15-20 minutes max.
Where in NJ are you? I'm looking to get a lockpick for mt 07 ext. May be i can get a package deal from you. I'll buy it from you & you can install it. I live in Bucks county Pa & work in Hamilton NJ...

·
Registered
2014 Cadillac CTS VSport
2,318 Posts
Where in NJ are you? I'm looking to get a lockpick for mt 07 ext. May be i can get a package deal from you. I'll buy it from you & you can install it. I live in Bucks county Pa & work in Hamilton NJ...
We are in Central NJ but we longer have a shop only an office now. Really, I can assure you that you can install it yourself. We have had novice customers that never even gave their car batteries a boost and they were able to install it themselves. Watch one of the install videos....

·
Registered
2014 Cadillac CTS VSport
2,318 Posts
Ok. Thanks. I just don't wanna break anything.
You wont... Hundreds of members on this board installed their own. Just take your time and you will be fine. Any car stereo shop will install it for $50 or $60 for you but you really can do it yourself and save the money.

·
Registered
2014 Cadillac CTS VSport
2,318 Posts
Does the GMX-322 offer a Bluetooth setup I can buy for it.

I have Blue Fusion and don't really care for the way it works sometimes.
The GXM-322 does not have bluetooth. All the GXM-322 does is it gives you all the wires needed to connect to any bluetooth kit of your choice. You need to purchase a bluetooth kit separately but then you will have all the wires needed for an easy integration. Mute, Audio In, Power, Etc.

·
Registered
None
2 Posts
I thought it was going to be hard to install. I watched the YOUTUBE video as well as read the instruction manual that comes with it. It was very simple. The hardest part is removing the panel to get to the radio which is easy once you watch the YOUTUBE video. Don't pay someone for something you can do yourself. Once you get your factor radio pulled out, you simply unplug the harness from the back of the factor radio and plug in the lockpic, then plug the factor harness into the lockpic. You then reenstall your radio, your done.

·
Registered
1992 STS / 2005 MB G500 / 2003 STS / 2006 XLR-V
11,694 Posts
As mentioned above, the most difficult part of this is just GETTING to the radio and being careful not to break any tabs on your dash trim. I already had the dash trim apart once to install my bluetooth VCIM and it was really quite easy if you are just careful, slow and take your time. The Lockpick install itself is no more complicated than plugging your computer components together, and on top of that, things will only plug in to their assigned sockets.

The installation only begins to increase in complexity if you want to add things like additional or rear cameras, headrest monitors, outboard Car PCs, DVD players etc. The base install is not difficult at all. Also, the GMX-322 has been retired in favor of the GMX-550 to my understanding basically just adds the iPod integration with direct output from the iPod to the headunit screen. That's what I got, and those are on sale for 288 shipped on Ebay right now.

·
Registered
11,694 Posts
Will the GMX-550 work with the Blue Fusion bluetooth setup?
I've never heard of that specific Bluetooth setup but it says it supports almost any aftermarket Bluetooth kit. I had already purchased and installed the replacement OnStar module which gives me full factory Bluetooth integration.

·
Registered
2014 Cadillac CTS VSport
2,318 Posts
I've never heard of that specific Bluetooth setup but it says it supports almost any aftermarket Bluetooth kit. I had already purchased and installed the replacement OnStar module which gives me full factory Bluetooth integration.
How much was the onstar module?

·
Registered
2007 Cadillac Escalade EXT
115 Posts
Its not so much the plug and play that i want done, its the pulling dash apart, without breaking clips, and installing extra wires (iphone cable) through console. I know nothing about audio/video so im gonna pay to get it done i think

·
Registered
11,694 Posts
How much was the onstar module?
I bought it for $200.00 shipped INCLUDING the little Bluetooth antennae. There is a seller on Ebay who sells them separately then dings you for shipping on each, but my seller sells it all together. I am actually considering selling mine since I also got a lock pick and it has an aftermarket bluetooth capability. Basically I have to decide if I want to save 200 bucks by not using my lockpick at all and selling that, or getting rid of my OnStar module and doing aftermarket bluetooth. Both of them together seems a little overkill to me.

·
Registered
Porsche Cayenne Diesel, Porsche 997 Carrera S, VW Passat SE
595 Posts
What tools are you guys using to pull the plastic panels off for the lockpick install?
Is there a special tool?

Thanks!

·
Registered
11,694 Posts
What tools are you guys using to pull the plastic panels off for the lockpick install?
Is there a special tool?

Thanks!
The only thing you might need a tool for is getting the cupholder panel to pop up, but I figured out that with the cupholder door open, I can gently reach my fingers underneath the back edge of that area (where the door retracts, but NOT the door itself) and give it a gentle tug upwards, and eventually it will release.

Of course, there are small bolts holding the radio in you'll need a tool for.

·
Registered
NONE
1,042 Posts
The only thing you might need a tool for is getting the cupholder panel to pop up, but I figured out that with the cupholder door open, I can gently reach my fingers underneath the back edge of that area (where the door retracts, but NOT the door itself) and give it a gentle tug upwards, and eventually it will release.

Of course, there are small bolts holding the radio in you'll need a tool for.
That is correct. I think the radio needs a 7/32 tool, You can use a flat screw driver, but take your time. Easiest way is to start with the cup holder

1 - 19 of 19 Posts